Carrier Module broken: Hardware Damaged in CYW920819 EVB-02 BLE Board

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
KaLa_4346091
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted 5 likes given

hello,

I am a student working on the kit CYW920819 EVB-02. Recently, when I was working with the kit, the carrier module present on the board got separated from the board(I guess it would have happened when I was taking it to my home) as shown in the enclosed attachments. Then I tested it by dumping the example codes such as FindMe profile. But as expected, the serial port was not being detected and the download is being failed. (although the led blinks during detection, the supply is being given)

Is there any chance of making the kit work by soldering the module to the board (If so, How?) or should I get a new one? Please suggest a way for the kit to work...

0 Likes
1 Solution
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

The common soldering iron tip may not be applicable in this case. It will require the use of hot air gun to re-solder the module back. Even then the integrity of all the contact points cannot be guaranteed. If you can find such PCB soldering services in your location, you may try. Otherwise you may want to get a new one, and keep it in the box that comes with it while in transit.

I understand there is such a thing called conductive adhesive glue. I haven't use it before and they are not cheap...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

The common soldering iron tip may not be applicable in this case. It will require the use of hot air gun to re-solder the module back. Even then the integrity of all the contact points cannot be guaranteed. If you can find such PCB soldering services in your location, you may try. Otherwise you may want to get a new one, and keep it in the box that comes with it while in transit.

I understand there is such a thing called conductive adhesive glue. I haven't use it before and they are not cheap...

@BoonT_56

Thanks for the reply. i will be tryng to contact some of the local PCB professionals and I would update the issue

0 Likes