Cannot find proxy in mesh network

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JiNg_296976
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi there,

I prepare the mesh network based on the AN227069 - Use Case #1: Dimmer Switch Controlling
Three Dimmable Light Bulbs.

Everything was perfectly but when I try to re assign the dimmer to control only 1 light bulb instead of group of lights. I accidentally delete the network that I created and now I cannot my smart phone cannot join the BT mesh network. 

Is that anyway to rejoin the netwrok? Or anywhere to reset it. Any suggestion?

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

If the database is deleted from the provisioner then, you will have to hard reset the mesh nodes (devices) to re-provision the nodes to the network.  If you are using the Evaluation kit as mesh node, either you can press and hold the Application button for more than 3 second to do the factory reset or you can re-program the device from the SDK.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

If the database is deleted from the provisioner then, you will have to hard reset the mesh nodes (devices) to re-provision the nodes to the network.  If you are using the Evaluation kit as mesh node, either you can press and hold the Application button for more than 3 second to do the factory reset or you can re-program the device from the SDK.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
JiNg_296976
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dheeraj,

Thanks!  I have done the factory reset for the dimmed light boards but I need to re-program the dimmer board because the application button has been used for dimming feature and thus cannot be reset. Now I have successfully start a new mesh network. 

I tried to test more features as shown but no luck.

1. assign the dimmer to one of the dimmer light instead of group dimming. How shall I set this up in the Apps?

2. Export the network configuration to another phone to share with other user. After I export the network I cannot find it in my SD card/exports (see attached pictures)

3. Which example in SDK demo the 'relay' role of mesh network (attached screen shot I found from the SDK)

Thanks!

0 Likes
JiNg_296976
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dheeraj,

Are you still working on my inquiry?

I have another question: What is line of sight range f between 2 nodes in Mesh?

Thanks!

0 Likes
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

I missed your queries. Sorry for the delay caused. 

1. assign the dimmer to one of the dimmer light instead of group dimming. How shall I set this up in the Apps?

After provisioning and configuring, you will be able to see an entry for the corresponding node. If you want to assign a dimmer switch to another node (eg: light_bulb), you have to tap and open on the dimmer node entry and then you will be able to see the assigning option. Select the appropriate light_bulb node from the list. 

2. Export the network configuration to another phone to share with other user. After I export the network I cannot find it in my SD card/exports (see attached pictures)

May I know which phone are you using (android version, model, etc.)?

For me I can see an "export" folder created in the sdcard when I exported the mesh network. Could you please try to find the export folder using another File Manager?

3. Which example in SDK demo the 'relay' role of mesh network (attached screen shot I found from the SDK)

i believe, most of the applications have relay roles, especially all the server apps. If you want to try, it I would suggest you to use Light_dimmable app. 

You will be able to see the feature of each mesh app inside "wiced_bt_mesh_core_config_t" structure. For example, in light dimmable, :-

.features = WICED_BT_MESH_CORE_FEATURE_BIT_FRIEND | WICED_BT_MESH_CORE_FEATURE_BIT_RELAY | WICED_BT_MESH_CORE_FEATURE_BIT_GATT_PROXY_SERVER, // In Friend mode support friend, relay

4. What is line of sight range f between 2 nodes in Mesh?

Since, mesh stack is placed on top of BLE stack, the range is also same as a normal Bluetooth Low Energy device. A typical reliable range of BLE is 30-100 feet.

Please share if you have more queries.

FYI: Cypress Mesh Page:  https://www.cypress.com/products/airoc-bluetooth-low-energy-mesh 

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes