CYW920721B2EVK-02 Microphone setup

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaPe_4792901
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

When unboxing the CYW920721B2EVK-02, I can make a BT connection to a phone and use the A2DP (youtube) and HFP taking a call, it works both ways.

When I take a standard project from ModusToolbox (WICED Bluetooth BSPs: CYW920721B2EVK-02: Headset and Speaker) build it and program the evaluation board the microphone does not work, I can still use the A2DP (youtube) and hear what the other person says when taking a call using HFP.

What needs to be changed to get the Microphone to work?

Is it possible to get the project, that is programmed into the evaluation board, before it is shipped?

I use Eclipse with ModusToolbox v 2.2.0.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Jacob,

With the 2.8 release, we are using the microphone on the wired headset as default for the headset and speaker code example.  In order to use that, a jumper needs to be added onto J19 on the audio shield board (it's labeled CTIA).  Sorry if that wasn't clear - we'll need to update the quick start guide to reflect that.

If the makefile is changed to utilize speaker mode, the mic on the eval board will be used.  You will also need to connect a 3 watt speaker to the audio shield onto the pins marked as speaker out for audio playback in speaker mode.

Hope that helps,

Dilli

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
DilliS_01
Employee
Employee
100 sign-ins 50 questions asked 50 sign-ins

Hi Jacob - what version of the Bluetooth SDK are you using?  Also, are you using a wired headset with microphone and have that plugged into bottom 3.5mm jack?

Dilli

0 Likes

Hi Dilli

I am using Bluetooth SDK version 2.8.0.

Yes I have a headset with microphone connected to the bottom 3.5mm jack marked CTIA HEADSET, but in the version that works it uses the mics on top of the Arduino shield.

Jacob

0 Likes

Hi Jacob,

With the 2.8 release, we are using the microphone on the wired headset as default for the headset and speaker code example.  In order to use that, a jumper needs to be added onto J19 on the audio shield board (it's labeled CTIA).  Sorry if that wasn't clear - we'll need to update the quick start guide to reflect that.

If the makefile is changed to utilize speaker mode, the mic on the eval board will be used.  You will also need to connect a 3 watt speaker to the audio shield onto the pins marked as speaker out for audio playback in speaker mode.

Hope that helps,

Dilli

0 Likes

Hi Dilli,

Thanks, it works when I add a jumper to J19 (CTIA) and use the microphone in the headset.

To understand it correct, the code that is on the board as standard where it uses the onboard microphone and a headset is made with an older version of the Bluetooth SDK and will not work with the current version 2.8?

Can it be setup in the makefile to use the onboard microphone and a headset in v 2.8 or is it one or the other (onboard microphone and speaker, OR headset with microphone)?

Thanks,

Jacob

0 Likes

Hi Jacob,

The code that was pre-loaded onto the board did come from an earlier version of the SDK - where we were using the onboard microphone and the headset output.  In the makefile - it is one or the other.

Dilli