CYW20819 NVRAM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ToKo_4602001
Level 4
Level 4
50 sign-ins 25 replies posted 25 sign-ins

Is it possible to make or dump NVRAM data as a separated hex file and write the file to CYW20819?

For mass production, we would like to separate firmware file and setting file, that is different per customers.

And could we download/write a firmware without deleting NVRAM information?

Regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi ToKo_4602001 ,

A similar procedure which is called as a FW upgrade over HCI UART will be available from BTSDK 2.9 which will be released next month.

If it is urgent for you or want more details on this immediately, please contact your local Cypress FAE / distributor and create an internal case for the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Anjana

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello ToKo_4602001 ,

Do you mean you want to download / write a FW without deleting the VS section of onchip flash (where we save Bonding information , other data which have to retained after power cycle) ?

Please confirm / clarify the requirement.

Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes

>Do you mean you want to download / write a FW without deleting the VS section of onchip flash (where we save Bonding information , other data which have to retained after power cycle) ?

Yes,

I would like to perform the followings.

(1)To write a FW without deleting the VS section of onchip flash.

(2)To read-out VS section from a device or to make the data of VS section, and to write the VS section data to an device via HCI_UART.

Regards,

0 Likes

Hi ToKo_4602001 ,

A similar procedure which is called as a FW upgrade over HCI UART will be available from BTSDK 2.9 which will be released next month.

If it is urgent for you or want more details on this immediately, please contact your local Cypress FAE / distributor and create an internal case for the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Anjana

Good news for me!

I'm looking forward to SDK2.9.

Thanks,

0 Likes