[CYW20706] Question about wiced_delete_key_info_from_ram() and wiced_bt_dev_delete_bonded_device().

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LiLe_3234306
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted First comment on KBA 50 sign-ins

Hi Cypress,

I have some questions and need to your confirm.

Q1) As I know, wiced_bt_dev_delete_bonded_device() API is used to remove bonding information. But I am not sure if wiced_delete_key_info_from_ram() API should be also used. As my test results, it seems that bonding information is also removed from ram by using wiced_bt_dev_delete_bonded_device() only. Right?

Q2) If possible, could you let me know the difference between these APIs?

Thanks,

Liam

0 Likes
1 Solution
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

1. Yes, the two API both will remove the bonding information. They call the same function in the low level.

2. They will check the connection status. If the device is connected, the wiced_delete_key_info_from_ram() will return false and maintain the connection. The wiced_bt_dev_delete_bonded_device() will end the connection first and then delete the bonding information.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

1. Yes, the two API both will remove the bonding information. They call the same function in the low level.

2. They will check the connection status. If the device is connected, the wiced_delete_key_info_from_ram() will return false and maintain the connection. The wiced_bt_dev_delete_bonded_device() will end the connection first and then delete the bonding information.

0 Likes

Hi Owen,

I understood. Thanks again for your explain.

Best Regards,

Liam

0 Likes