CYBT-353027-EVAL - HFP no audio streaming

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Piotr
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hello Support,

Next strage case. Eval board working with A2DP profile without any problems, play/pause working good. But when we tried to run HF profile module stop streaming audio.

Attached screen with communication debug. As you can see all state are correct but audio stream still on Mobile Phone not on Cypress module.

I was looking forum for find solution and i have found few cases with similary problem but with other modules.

Could you help me?

Best Regards

Piotr Dawidowicz

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi, 

When I checked the attached project and logs, I got some doubts. Please provide us some clarification.
1> You have defined STANDALONE_HEADSET_APP. But you have commented out state_button_action(). Then how you are making hfp outgoing call?
Please note, "To use this application in conjunction with ClientControl. Ensure that STANDALONE_HEADSET_APP flag is disabled."
2> I see some difference in hci_control_audio_send_started_stopped() in hci_control_audio.c when I compared your code with the latest 20706_headset app. Is this an intentional change made by you? Latest: https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-example-btsdk-audio-headset
3> May I know what is the testing procedure you follow?

If you have mixed the "standalone mode" and "with clientControl" mode during testing, I would suggest you to test the app in conjunction with ClientControl first following below steps. So that you do not have to use any buttons.
1. Import the latest headset app for 20706 to Modustoolbox (Same as https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-example-btsdk-audio-headset). Get CYBT-353027-EVAL library files also using Library Manager tool.
2. Change the makefile target to CYBT-353027-EVAL.
3. Change the Button GPIO to any unused GPIO, if you see any audio disturbances as you mentioned in the Community post.
Please note, commenting out state_button_action() does not really help if the button is generating impulses.
4. Make sure you have not enabled STANDALONE_HEADSET_APP macro.
5. Open ClientControl and connect to HCI UART and open BTSpy to see the logs.
6. Connect and pair the Headset app using your phone and play the music. Check the log for the confirmation.
7. Check AVRC CT controls in clientControl.
8. Make an incoming/outgoing call. Use clientControl where ever needed. Check the logs.

We have tested the app in both the modes and we couldn't see the issue which you have mentioned.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
WinstonF_61
100 likes received 100 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hi ,

I tested the Audio Headset example but with a different board and I did not see the issue you mentioned. Will try to get test it with the CYBT-353027-EVAL and let you know. 

What version of BTSDK are you using? 2.9 is the latest. Are you testing the code example as is or you have any changes ? 

Regards
Winston
0 Likes

Hello Winston,

Thank you for your replay.

Version BTSDK is 2.9.0.13f7479

We have modify only UART Debug information for clear view and comment button functionality.

Last case: https://community.cypress.com/t5/ModusToolbox-Bluetooth-SDK/CYBT-353027-EVAL-Audio-library-case/m-p/...

Best Regards

Piotr Dawidowicz

0 Likes
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

By default the CYBT-353027-EVAL does not support Audio apps. Meaning, our validation team does not test audio apps on CYBT-353027-EVAL. But since this module is based on 20706 silicon, the apps should work properly, except the platform specific configuration. 

When I checked the platform configuration, two items that can interfere the audio -I2S- interface in  CYBT-353027-EVAL are:-

#define WICED_GPIO_BUTTON     WICED_P09      -    shares BT_GPIO_6/P9/I2S_DO/PCM_OUT

#define WICED_GPIO_PIN_LED1     WICED_P11    -    shares P11/I2S_WS/PCM_SYNC

Please use other pins for LED and Button and try again. 

Btb, when I tested audio_headset app on CYW920706WCDEVAL, a2dp sink and hfp are working good. When a the peer gets any incoming call the audio streaming pauses and then resumes when the call disconnects. During the entire test the audio was streaming to  CYW920706WCDEVAL. 

It would be great if you can share the project which you are using with CYBT-353027-EVAL. So that we can also use the same version of the app and reproduce the issue on CYBT-353027-EVAL.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello Dheeraj,

Project attached.

All GPIOs were configured as I2S audio stream. A2DP shouldn't working good with bad configuration WS and DO. Problem is only with HFP, so I thnk that I have some problem with run audio during hfp start.

Of course we can buy other eval board but we affraid that we should make more certyfication test for this module.

This is main reason why we choose CYBT-353027-EVAL and this module.

Best Retgards

Piotr Dawidowicz

0 Likes

Hello Dheeraj,

Any update in this case?

Best Regards

Piotr Dawidowicz

0 Likes
DheerajPK_41

Hi, 

When I checked the attached project and logs, I got some doubts. Please provide us some clarification.
1> You have defined STANDALONE_HEADSET_APP. But you have commented out state_button_action(). Then how you are making hfp outgoing call?
Please note, "To use this application in conjunction with ClientControl. Ensure that STANDALONE_HEADSET_APP flag is disabled."
2> I see some difference in hci_control_audio_send_started_stopped() in hci_control_audio.c when I compared your code with the latest 20706_headset app. Is this an intentional change made by you? Latest: https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-example-btsdk-audio-headset
3> May I know what is the testing procedure you follow?

If you have mixed the "standalone mode" and "with clientControl" mode during testing, I would suggest you to test the app in conjunction with ClientControl first following below steps. So that you do not have to use any buttons.
1. Import the latest headset app for 20706 to Modustoolbox (Same as https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-example-btsdk-audio-headset). Get CYBT-353027-EVAL library files also using Library Manager tool.
2. Change the makefile target to CYBT-353027-EVAL.
3. Change the Button GPIO to any unused GPIO, if you see any audio disturbances as you mentioned in the Community post.
Please note, commenting out state_button_action() does not really help if the button is generating impulses.
4. Make sure you have not enabled STANDALONE_HEADSET_APP macro.
5. Open ClientControl and connect to HCI UART and open BTSpy to see the logs.
6. Connect and pair the Headset app using your phone and play the music. Check the log for the confirmation.
7. Check AVRC CT controls in clientControl.
8. Make an incoming/outgoing call. Use clientControl where ever needed. Check the logs.

We have tested the app in both the modes and we couldn't see the issue which you have mentioned.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hello Dheeraj,

Thank you for this solution. It help us to make one call, next we try to make next call and bluetooth disconnect without any events or information. We cant use it as HF device until make restart. 

Client controll stuck after one call, HFP answer call not working.

On your device is the same?

Best Regards

Piotr Dawidowicz

0 Likes