CYBT-213043-MESH - Serial Port Not Detected

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiRo_263836
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 likes received 50 replies posted

I have one laptop where I can plug in and download the Mesh_LIghtDimmable example to all 4 boards in the MESH EVAL Kit

My other laptop says that it can't detect the serial port on the 1st try of build and program. 

Detecting serial port ...

Serial port not detected...

Download failed

============================

If you have issues downloading to the kit, follow the steps below -

Press and hold the 'Recover' button on the kit.

Press and hold the 'Reset' button on the kit.

Release the 'Reset' button.

After one second, release the 'Recover' button.

==============================

I did the recover and no help.  I tried deleting the driver no help.

I am running Windows 10 and Modus 1.1 with SDK 1.4,

My device manager looks the same on both laptops

pastedImage_4.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

I plugged it into a port that I hadn't tried before, it enumerated OK.   Then I plugged it into the other ports that didn't work before and it works.  It just needed to re-install the driver.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Mike,

I the screenshot attached , I can't see COM ports enumerated. Can you please double check if COM ports are enumerating after plugging the mesh kit?

If you think the drivers are not installed properly then please go to below path and install them manually. 

(\\ModusToolbox_1.1\tools\wiced-tools-1.0\drivers).

Please read he ReadMe.txt file and proceed the installation. After installation please restart your PC and Open ModusToolbox and then try to connect the device to your PC for checking it.

Thanks,

Anjana

0 Likes

I don't know what the problem is. I was hoping that it was a driver issue.  This is what I got back when I tried to install the drivers using DPInst_x64.exe and the DriverInstaller for CyUSB

pastedImage_0.png

This is what I get when I plug in my CYW920819EVB-02 and it works fine

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

I looked on the laptop that is working and the drivers are the CypressUSBConsole drivers.

I rebooted my laptop and installed the drivers manually using DriverInstaller.bat. 

This is what the DriverInstaller.bat returns in the cmd window

C:\Users\A62584\ModusToolbox_1.1\tools\wiced-tools-1.0\drivers\CyUSBSerial_driver_3.13.0.84>DriverInstaller

*******finding ProductType, 1=Work Station, 2= Domain Controller, 3= Server*******

ProductType is 1

IsClientOS is equal to true

64-bit

OSARCH is x64

OS Version is 10.0 and OS Name is Win10

"C:\Users\A62584\ModusToolbox_1.1\tools\wiced-tools-1.0\drivers\CyUSBSerial_driver_3.13.0.84"\Win10\x64

INFO:   Option set: dumping log info to console.

INFO:   Current working directory: 'C:\Users\A62584\ModusToolbox_1.1\tools\wiced-tools-1.0\drivers\CyUSBSerial_driver_3.13.0.84\win10\x64'

INFO:   Running on path 'C:\Users\A62584\ModusToolbox_1.1\tools\wiced-tools-1.0\drivers\CyUSBSerial_driver_3.13.0.84\win10\x64'

INFO:   No valid 'dpinst.xml' file provided.

INFO:   Install option set: Suppressing Wizard but no OS popups.

INFO:   Install option set: Suppressing EULA.

INFO:   Install option set: Force install if driver is not better.

INFO:   Install option set: Suppress Add or Remove Programs entries.

INFO:   Found driver package: 'C:\Users\A62584\ModusToolbox_1.1\tools\wiced-tools-1.0\drivers\CyUSBSerial_driver_3.13.0.84\win10\x64\CypressSerial.inf'.

INFO:   Found driver package: 'C:\Users\A62584\ModusToolbox_1.1\tools\wiced-tools-1.0\drivers\CyUSBSerial_driver_3.13.0.84\win10\x64\CypressUsbAndBus.inf'.

INFO:   Preinstalling 'c:\users\a62584\modustoolbox_1.1\tools\wiced-tools-1.0\drivers\cyusbserial_driver_3.13.0.84\win10\x64\cypressserial.inf' ...

INFO:   ENTER:  DriverPackagePreinstallW

INFO:   RETURN: DriverPackagePreinstallW  (0xE000024B)

INFO:   Preinstalling 'c:\users\a62584\modustoolbox_1.1\tools\wiced-tools-1.0\drivers\cyusbserial_driver_3.13.0.84\win10\x64\cypressusbandbus.inf' ...

INFO:   ENTER:  DriverPackagePreinstallW

INFO:   RETURN: DriverPackagePreinstallW  (0xE000024B)

INFO:   Returning with code 0x80020000

errorlevel is -2147352576

C:\Users\A62584\ModusToolbox_1.1\tools\wiced-tools-1.0\drivers\CyUSBSerial_driver_3.13.0.84>EXIT /B 1

C:\Users\A62584\ModusToolbox_1.1\tools\wiced-tools-1.0\drivers\CyUSBSerial_driver_3.13.0.84>

0 Likes

Any ideas on what I can try next?  What does this error mean?

0 Likes

Not obvious on the issue here. Can I suggest that you uninstall the IDE and reinstall again? I need not have to install the serial ports manually and I'm running on Win10 64bits. This is how my device manager looks like.

devmgr.jpg

That is what my device manager looks like on the laptop that works as well.  I will try to reinstall. 

0 Likes

That didn't work. I reinstalled MTB 1.1 and the SDK 1.4.  It sees the USB Dual Channels but doesn't enumerate them as COM ports.

0 Likes

I plugged it into a port that I hadn't tried before, it enumerated OK.   Then I plugged it into the other ports that didn't work before and it works.  It just needed to re-install the driver.