Bluetooth Mesh Beacon

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LUAB_4724786
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 likes received 10 replies posted

Hello There,

So ... Is it possible ? after get intimate with Mesh Kit around 2 month I notice that after a mesh kit provisioned, the device stop advertising and per my knowledge the beacon is rely on advertising either iBeacon or Eddystone (please correct me if this is wrong).

If Beacon and Mesh can work together, I can only imagine that we can "use" mesh network to "manage content" of the beacon (and also running mesh profile e.g. for lightning) by sending some specific message opcode and triggered it to update its beacon "content", it will be much much interactive with the user (their phone).

1. What do you think, is it possible to do this ?
  2. If yes ... care to point me to the right direction in the code ?

Thanks a lot for your time, I imagining a lot of things if this can happen.

Best Regards,

LUTHFI AD

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

BLE Mesh uses Mesh Beacons only as defined in the SIG Spec. ​(Eg: Unprovisioned beacons, Secure Network Beacons).

It is possible to use a Mesh application to work as a regular LE or Beacon device as well. But you have to take care few things while combining it, to ensure that the application logic does not interfere/block the normal working of mesh network.

I would suggest you to go through the below two responses by VictorZ_46  for a similar query.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

BLE Mesh uses Mesh Beacons only as defined in the SIG Spec. ​(Eg: Unprovisioned beacons, Secure Network Beacons).

It is possible to use a Mesh application to work as a regular LE or Beacon device as well. But you have to take care few things while combining it, to ensure that the application logic does not interfere/block the normal working of mesh network.

I would suggest you to go through the below two responses by VictorZ_46  for a similar query.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

Thanks a lot Dheeraj !

All the links that I needed.

Best Regards,

LUTHFI AD