Applying a control scheme to a Mesh network

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AbBa_4336446
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hello.

I am working on developing a mesh network to apply it on local apartment control project.

I have a certain control scheme for the elements (LED lights, curtain, sockets ...).

For example: in one room 1 have: 6 lights, 2 sockets, PIR sensor, Door lock, Daylight sensor & curtain. Some of the scenarios, for example, are:

- If curtain is open, LED lights L1 to L5 should not turn on even if the switch is pressed.

- LED Light L6 turns on only during night (i.e. when Daylight sensor return value is low).

- If door is locked, then only Socket 1 shall be working (through a relay).

and so on ...

so far the demos in Modus Toolbox for a "switch, LED light, dimmable LED light ... are useful to model & configure the node and to simply control them through the app.

So what is the best practice to implement such control scenarios?is it through the android & ios apps? or some modifications need to added to the demos? or other firmware need to be developed for each node?

i am using the CYBT213043-MESH dev kit.

I'll appreciate if learning resources, tuts, .. can be provided too to start with.

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

Bluetooth mesh standard Models defined by SIG are mainly for Generic (on/off/Level/Power, etc.), Lighting, and Sensor applications.

In the SDK, Mesh snip application (e.g. Click Here) contains implementation of each of these models in separate apps. It also includes a Vendor specific app, which can be used when a custom model need to be defined for some specific usage/scenario. Mesh demo application (e.g. Click Here) on the other hand is complete demonstration of the model in the real life scenario (e.g. Turning on/off an Bulb/LED using a specific switch).

We provide few Helper applications (For example: Android/IOS app, MeshClient, MeshClientControl) for simplifying the control of Mesh network. (Check this: https://www.cypress.com/file/462491/download ). These can be used as provisioners for the mesh network which is used to add, configure and control the nodes in the mesh network. The source code of these peer apps are also available in the SDK which helps the user to add or remove specific functionality themselves. Based on the user convenience and plan, one can choose any of these apps.

Based on the end application requirement you can modify the embedded mesh application as well. In your case, the logic which handles the required specific user scenario may need to be added on top of the provided sample application. 

Modustoolbox: https://www.cypress.com/products/modustoolbox-software-environment

I would suggest you to follow below Documents to learn about BLE Mesh:

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

Bluetooth mesh standard Models defined by SIG are mainly for Generic (on/off/Level/Power, etc.), Lighting, and Sensor applications.

In the SDK, Mesh snip application (e.g. Click Here) contains implementation of each of these models in separate apps. It also includes a Vendor specific app, which can be used when a custom model need to be defined for some specific usage/scenario. Mesh demo application (e.g. Click Here) on the other hand is complete demonstration of the model in the real life scenario (e.g. Turning on/off an Bulb/LED using a specific switch).

We provide few Helper applications (For example: Android/IOS app, MeshClient, MeshClientControl) for simplifying the control of Mesh network. (Check this: https://www.cypress.com/file/462491/download ). These can be used as provisioners for the mesh network which is used to add, configure and control the nodes in the mesh network. The source code of these peer apps are also available in the SDK which helps the user to add or remove specific functionality themselves. Based on the user convenience and plan, one can choose any of these apps.

Based on the end application requirement you can modify the embedded mesh application as well. In your case, the logic which handles the required specific user scenario may need to be added on top of the provided sample application. 

Modustoolbox: https://www.cypress.com/products/modustoolbox-software-environment

I would suggest you to follow below Documents to learn about BLE Mesh:

Thanks,

-Dheeraj