smoothing capacitor at C pin for MB96F388HSBPMC-GE2 MCU

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RaKu_2322011
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked

I am using MB96F388HSBPMC-GE2 MCU in one of our project. I want to know what will happen exactly (or what will be the impact) if I use a 1 uF ceramic capacitor as smoothing capacitor at C pin instead of the datasheet recommended minimum value of 3.5 uF?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
KaC_41
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins First comment on blog Welcome!

Hi Raku,

Datasheet guarantee proper operation of the devices in a specified range, so there is a need to follow the values recommended.

C capacitors do voltage smoothing for the supply to the core of the device, not following the values specified in DS may cause abnormality such as non-proper initialization of registers during startup or unstable read/write of vlaues during supply voltage fluctuation, but they are jsut some of the possibilities.

Gary

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
KaC_41
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins First comment on blog Welcome!

Hi Raku,

Datasheet guarantee proper operation of the devices in a specified range, so there is a need to follow the values recommended.

C capacitors do voltage smoothing for the supply to the core of the device, not following the values specified in DS may cause abnormality such as non-proper initialization of registers during startup or unstable read/write of vlaues during supply voltage fluctuation, but they are jsut some of the possibilities.

Gary

0 Likes