Readout Protecion F2MC-16FX MB96F340

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GaSz_4610156
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked

Hello Community,

I'm reading this document:

Microsoft Word - mcu-an-300213-e-v13-16fx_flash_security.doc (fujitsu.com)

In section 2.1 the document sais:

'[...] If the supplied Unlock Key is all 0, the Flash Security cannot be disabled at all.'

My question is: If I set the Unlock Key fully with zeros, then will I be able to perform a Chip Erase with the CYPRESS FLASH MCU Programmer after this full-zero setting is applied?

pastedImage_0.png

Thank in advance,

Gabor

0 Likes
1 Solution
Roy_Liu
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Dear Gabor,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. The answer to your question is yes. If you set the Unlock Key fully with zeros, you will still be able to perform a Chip Erase with the CYPRESS FLASH MCU Programmer after this full-zero setting is applied.

Thanks

Roy

Roy Liu

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Roy_Liu

Hi Gabor,

Please refer to the specification enclosed in the packed FLASH MCU Programmer for F2MC-16FX

This community has no much experience for this products, please consider new MCU products if applicable.

Thanks

Roy

Roy Liu
0 Likes

Dear YuxianL_01,

Thank you for your answer, but my question isn't releated tightly to the FLASH programmer tool. I have some difficulties when I draw up my sentences, because the English is not easy for me.

I would like to know, if I configure the Unlock Key with this turbo setting (full-zeros), then will I be able to perform a chip erase in ANY way? If the answer is yes, then I don't really matter the concrete method, I just need to know if there is any restore solution or not.

Thanks in advance

Gabor

0 Likes
Roy_Liu

Dear Gabor,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. The answer to your question is yes. If you set the Unlock Key fully with zeros, you will still be able to perform a Chip Erase with the CYPRESS FLASH MCU Programmer after this full-zero setting is applied.

Thanks

Roy

Roy Liu
0 Likes

Thank you! I'll try.

0 Likes