CYTMA 568 Linux Driver

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaBe_4841561
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked

Hi, I am about to connect a Touchscreen which uses CYTMA568 through I2C to a custom carrier board with NXP iMX6 Application processor.

The linux is built with openembedded / yocto project (dunfell branch) and uses a customized device tree.

First, the BSP provided by the SoM Manufacturer (Toradex, SoM is Colibri iMX6DL), didn't provide support for this touch controller.

I found the following patch series to add the driver:

https://lwn.net/ml/linux-kernel/20180703094309.18514-1-mylene.josserand@bootlin.com/

I also added a node in device-tree according to the binding documentation like this:

&i2c3 {

status = "okay";

[...]

cyttsp:    cyttsp@24 {

compatible = "cypress,cyttsp5";

reg = <0x24>;

interrupt-parent = <&gpio7>;

interrupts = <10 IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_LOW>;

touchscreen-size-x = <800>;

touchscreen-size-y = <480>;

status = "okay";

};

};

I get the following errors during boot:

[    0.394465] cyttsp5 1-0024: Error on deassert int r=-22

[    0.399802] cyttsp5 1-0024: Fail initial startup r=-19

I can use i2cdetect and i2cread to access the device, but the touch driver isn't loaded properly.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Praveen
Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager
25 solutions authored 10 likes given 5 likes given

Hi,

This product cannot be discussed in the public community. please contact your local sales/FAE to get further details on this product and support. Sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Cheers
Praveen

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Praveen
Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager
25 solutions authored 10 likes given 5 likes given

Hi,

This product cannot be discussed in the public community. please contact your local sales/FAE to get further details on this product and support. Sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Cheers
Praveen
0 Likes