CY96F615RBPMC-GS-UJE1 out-of-stock everywhere

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ICM
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First question asked Welcome!

There is no mention of this 16-bit MCU being EOL in the near future, so I would greatly appreciate knowing the long term inventory and manufacturing situation for the CY96F615RBPMC-GS-UJE1.  

I have spent many hours this week checking worldwide vendors in vain for the MCU, which is why my post here is a desperate last resort.  There are no Cypress or Infineon vendors who have stock of that MCU (except for some shady sites in Hong Kong that claim to have thousands of pieces when in fact they do not).  The current 8 month or longer lead times I am seeing from some of your vendors is not realistic at all.  

Here's our problem.  At the end of 2020 we made a request in Taiwan to order more, but we were told of long lead times.  (We buy this MCU often and have for a very long time. That order in late 2020 was NOT our first order.) Well, that was the end of 2020, but we are still waiting even today.  We are now told August 30th availability, which will have been more than 8 months since our initial order request in Taiwan.  We will run out of stock at the end of this month of April. That is a serious problem for us, with very harsh consequences.

If Cypress can please supply me with insider information on how to acquire even several hundred pieces at any realistic price, I would appreciate that very much.

I look forward to your kind reply.

Thank you.

Addendum: The fact my post was moved into the "Legacy Products" section is rather concerning.  It all the more emphasizes my desire to know the long term inventory and manufacturing situation surrounding this particular MCU.  No replies after 24 hours is also not very encouraging.

0 Likes
0 Replies