Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob

Waking up CY8C20xx6 using the I2C hardware address

lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Waking up CY8C20xx6 using the I2C hardware address

Anonymous
Not applicable
Question: How EzI2C UM (user module in PD5SP6 or earlier) can be modified so that the device (PSoC - CY8C20xx6) can be woken up from sleep by sending a targeted I2C read instruction from the master side.

Answer:

Step1: Configure I2C block to work in sleep mode (SLP_CFG2 |= 0x02)

Step2: Enable I2C block interrupt (INT_MSK0 | = 0x80)

Step3: Enable I2C hardware address matching feature, this is done by replacing assembly instruction "mov reg[I2C_XCFG], 0" with "mov reg[I2C_XCFG], 0x01" in EzI2Cs_Start() API. API can be found in EzI2Cs.asm file.

Step4: Set I2C hardware address in register I2C_ADDR. Set address should be same as the "Slave_Addr" parameter of EzI2C UM

Note: Above modifications are to be made on top of a working EzI2C UM configuration/code in PD5 SP6 (or earlier). Step3 can be skipped if “EzI2Cs.asm” template file residing in the location “C:\Program Files\Cypress\Common\CypressSemiDeviceEditor\Data\CY8C20060\EzI2Cs” is replaced with the one attached with this KB article (before replacing make sure that PSoC designer version is of PD5SP6 if not follow Step3 above)

Sleep Entry/Exit:

Following procedure need to be followed every time for putting /waking-up device to/from sleep,

Step1:  Call M8C_Sleep Macro; Device entry to sleep should be directly under the control of I2C Master.  

Step2:  Master can wake-up the device from sleep by sending a read instruction targeted to the device.

Step3:  Data contained in the above wake-up I2C read instruction should be discarded by I2C master.

Attachments
0 Likes
Contributors