Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Knowledge Base Articles

Using I 2C Pin with LVTTL Logic Input in PSoC® 4 – KBA223289

chaitanyav_41
Employee

Using I 2C Pin with LVTTL Logic Input in PSoC® 4 – KBA223289

Version: **

Translation - Japanese: PSoC®4でI 2CピンをLVTTLロジック入力で使用する – KBA223289 - Community Translated (JA)

Question:

Is it possible to have the input of I2C with LVTTL logic instead of CMOS logic in the PSoC 4 device?

Answer:

It is possible even though it is not direct. You must do this through a register write rather than any component settings modification. Refer to section "7.3.1 Digital Input Buffer" in the PSoC 4 Architecture TRM for information on the register that chooses the threshold between CMOS or LVTTL. The register name is GPIO_PRTx_PC. The PORT_VTRIP_SEL bit (GPIO_PRTx_PC[24]) decides the mode.

Note that this setting is for a Full Port. This means all the pins of that port will have the same threshold.

We can set this bit of the I2C port to 1 to make it LVTTL. We can use the CY_GET_REG32 macro to set only that bit.

This can be done with one extra line of code.

CY_SET_REG32(CYREG_GPIO_PRT3_PC, CY_GET_REG32(CYREG_GPIO_PRT3_PC)|0x01000000);

This is assuming Port 3 pins are used for I2C. The register name should be changed according to the use case.

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎Mar 16, 2018 01:40 AM
Updated by:

Contributors