Strictly necessary cookies are on by default and cannot be turned off. Functional, Performance and Tracking/targeting/sharing cookies can be turned on below based on your preferences (this banner will remain available for you to accept cookies). You may change your cookie settings by deleting cookies from your browser. Then this banner will appear again. You can learn more details about cookies HERE.
Strictly necessary (always on)
Functional, Performance and Tracking/targeting/sharing (default off)
Unable to see Program button in tool bar in PSoC Designer
Question: I am unable to see program button in the tool bar in PSoC Designer 5.1 SP2
'Program' button or any other option in tool window may disappear from PSoC Designer because of a corrupt XML file related to PSoC Designer. The XML files under "%AppData%\Application Data\Cypress_Semiconductor\PSoC_Designer_51\" store the PD5.1 tool window settings. Removing the files restores the tool window to default settings. Follow the below given steps to restore default settings for PSoC Designer 5.1 SP2:
1. Open My Computer. Make sure PSoC Designer 5.1 is not running.
2. Type %AppData% in explorer address bar
3. Navigate to '..\Application Data\Cypress_Semiconductor\PSoC_Designer_51\'
4. Copy all *.xml files except settings.xml to a newly created temp folder.
5. Delete *.xml files except settings.xml from '..\Application Data\Cypress_Semiconductor\PSoC_Designer_51\'
5. Re-start PSoC 5.1 SP2 and verify if the 'Program' option is available.
6. Delete the temp folder if you are able to see the disappeared button/icon.
If you are facing similar issue in any other version of Designer then follow the similar process as mentioned above but take care of the folder name (PSoC_Designer version) while browsing to the required folder.