Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob

PSoC Development Kit (CY8CKIT-001A) Tight Connector Issue

PSoC Development Kit (CY8CKIT-001A) Tight Connector Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
Question: What should I do if I cannot remove one of the processor modules from my PSoC Development Kit (CY8CKIT-001A) baseboard without significant force?

Answer:

A small number of CY8CKIT-001A Kits were manufactured such that the processor modules fit tightly into the baseboard. A careful method of gradual loosening will reduce the chances of any damage to your kit.

Identifying Affected Kits:

Although the mechanical interface between the baseboard and processor module is snug for all of these kits, the issue has only been known to cause damage on a handful of kits with known date codes.

If you still have the box in which the kit came, check the lower left corner of the backside for the date code (see photos below). If this code begins with the alphanumeric characters listed below, your kit may be affected.

1002DG
  1021AL
  1027AL
  1028DG
  1029DG

PSoC DevKit.jpg

RoHS.jpg

Workaround:

Please take care when removing the Processor Module from the Main Board. The suggested removal method is shown in the picture below.

Removal method.jpg

Hold the sides of the Processor Module as shown and use a small, back-and-forth rocking motion to remove the module safely. This will gently loosen the module, greatly lessening the force required.

Replacing Your Kit:

If your kit is damaged due to the removal of your processor module, please consider returning it to Cypress via the RMA process. You may contact Cypress customer support for more details at: http://www.cypress.com/support

Summary:

This Knowledge Base article explains how to safely remove processor modules from their PSoC DVK baseboards, even when the connector is tighter than expected.

0 Likes
Contributors