Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob

PSoC® Creator™ Debugging Error: “No source available, would you like to open disassembly?” - KBA86862

lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

PSoC® Creator™ Debugging Error: “No source available, would you like to open disassembly?” - KBA86862

Anonymous
Not applicable

Version: *A

Translation - Japanese: PSoC®Creator™デバッグエラー:「利用可能なソースがありません。逆アセンブリを開きますか?」 - KBA86862 - Community Translated (JA)

Question:

When I run the debugger in PSoC Creator 2.2, I see the error message “No source available, would you like to open disassembly?” How do I avoid this error?

Answer:

If the disassembly window appears without showing the C source code, follow these steps to resolve the problem:

1. Go to PSoC Creator installation folder. The default installation path of Creator depends on your operating system:  

• For a 64-bit system, the path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator\2.2\PSoC Creator\import\gnu_cs\c8051\1.0\bin
    •  
    • For a 32-bit system, the path is C:\Program Files\Cypress\PSoC Creator\2.2\PSoC Creator\import\gnu_cs\c8051\1.0\bin
  2. Move the file c8051-elf-omf2elf.exe from the bin folder to another location for backup.
  3. Download the file c8051-elf-omf2elf.exe, which is available as an attachment with this document, and copy the downloaded file to the bin folder.
  4. Restart PSoC Creator.

Now the debugger will show the C source code while debugging.

Attachments
0 Likes
Contributors