Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob

If I expose my Cypress FLASH memory device to temperatures above the maximum limit, will the device still correctly perform? - KBA203728

If I expose my Cypress FLASH memory device to temperatures above the maximum limit, will the device still correctly perform? - KBA203728

Anonymous
Not applicable

Version: *A

Translation - Japanese: Cypress Flash Memoryを最大動作温度を超える温度にさらしても、Flash Memoryは正常に動作しますか? - KBA203728 - Community Translated (...

Question:

If I expose my Cypress FLASH memory device to temperatures above the maximum limit, will the device still correctly perform?

Answer:

Unfortunately, there is no hard data that exists to precisely determine the longevity of a Cypress FLASH memory if it were exposed to an environment exceeding the indicated maximum operating temperature range. However, it is known that the tACC parameter may degrade over an unspecified amount of time. The approximate time at which tACC will degrade cannot be accurately determined, as every device may react differently to temperatures exceeding the indicated maximum operating levels. Cypress only guarantees proper operation of the FLASH when the device is operating within the indicated specifications detailed in the datasheet. Allowing the FLASH memory to operate above and beyond the indicated maximum operating temperature may be catastrophic at some undefined time. To add a good margin of safety, it may be advisable to use the next higher temperature grade in order to prevent experiencing a degrading tACC as a result of exceeding the temperature spec. Allowing the FLASH memory to operate above and beyond the indicated maximum operating temperature may be catastrophic at some undetermined amount of time.

0 Likes
Contributors