Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob

I 2C-to-BLE Bridge using the EZ-BLE™ Creator Module

I 2C-to-BLE Bridge using the EZ-BLE™ Creator Module

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to implement an I2C-to-BLE bridge using the EZ-BLE Creator Module (CYBLE-022001-00)?

- Yes, it is possible to implement an I2C-to-BLE bridge using the EZ-BLE Creator Module (CYBLE-022001-00).

Does Infineon provide any example projects to demonstrate this application?

- Infineon provides two example projects (available for the EZ-BLE Creator Module CYBLE-022001-00) to demonstrate this application.

In this article get to know: 

- I2C-to-BLE Peripheral Example Project;

- I2C-to-BLE Central Example Project;

- How to download the Example Projects.

1. I2C-to-BLE Peripheral Example Project

pastedImage_4.png

Figure 1: I2C-to-BLE Peripheral Example Project

The I2C component is configured as an I2C slave. The BLE component is configured for the BLE GAP peripheral and GATT server roles. A custom BLE profile using two custom services is implemented in the project:

• I2C_Write: To receive data from any central device via write without response commands on the I2C_Write_data custom characteristic
  • I2C_Read: To transmit data to any central device via notifications on the I2C_Read_data custom characteristic

This project can programmed and debugged using the EZ-BLE Creator Evaluation Board (CYBLE-022001-EVAL) and the BLE Pioneer Kit (CY8CKIT-042-BLE). The PSoC 5LP on the BLE Pioneer Kit or any other external MCU can be used as the I2C master.

This project can be tested with:

• The CySmart PC tool, connected to the CySmart USB dongle (CY5670), emulating a BLE central device;
  • The I2C-to-BLE central project described in the following section, programmed on a BLE Pioneer Kit, acting as the BLE central device.

2. I2C-to-BLE Central Example Project

pastedImage_59.png

Figure 2: I2C-to-BLE Central Example Project

The I2C component is configured as an I2C slave. The BLE component is configured for the BLE GAP central and GATT client roles. A custom BLE profile is implemented in the project that discovers and uses two custom services:

• I2C_Write: To transmit data to any peripheral device via write without response commands on the I2C_Write_data custom characteristic
  • I2C_Read: To receive data from any central device via notifications on the I2C_Read_data custom characteristic

This project can programmed and debugged using the EZ-BLE Creator Evaluation Board (CYBLE-022001-EVAL) and the BLE Pioneer Kit (CY8CKIT-042-BLE). The PSoC 5LP on the BLE Pioneer Kit or any other external MCU can be used as the I2C master. This project can be tested with the I2C-to-BLE peripheral project (described earlier), programmed on a BLE Pioneer Kit, acting as the BLE peripheral device.

Location of Example Projects

3. Downloading the Example Projects

The following steps should be followed to download the complete project and corresponding user guide:

Step 1: Go to the example project page on github.com (location in above section) and select the desired project - “I2C_BLE_Central.zip” or “I2C_BLE_Peripheral.zip”. The following figure shows an example of downloading the I2C_BLE_Central project.

pastedImage_62.png

Step 2: Select “Raw” button, as shown in the following figure. All the project files and corresponding user guide will be downloaded as a .zip file

pastedImage_63.png

Table 1: Supported Kits and Software

Project

PSoC Creator

Version

Compiler

Development Kits

V3.1 SP2

V3.1 SP1 or lower

GCC

MDK

RVDS

CY8CKIT-042-BLE with CYBLE-022011-EVAL

CY8CKIT-042-BLE with PRoC BLE module (CY5671 or CY5674)

CY8CKIT-042_BLE with PSoC 4 BLE module (CY8CKIT-142 or CY8CKIT-141)

I2C-to-BLE peripheral project

YES

NO

YES

YES

YES

YES

NO

NO

I2C-to-BLE central project

YES

NO

YES

YES

YES

YES

NO

NO

Note: The example projects support up to 1 MHz speed on the I2C bus. The throughput of the bridge project is dependent on the environment and quality of the BLE link.

Version: *B

Translation - Japanese: EZ-BLE™ Crearotrモジュールを使用したI2C-to-BLEブリッジ – KBA97000- Community Translated (JA)

0 Likes