Translation - Japanese: サイプレスの故障解析リクエスト - KBA225847 - Community Translated (JA)
Failure analysis of returned units is a service Cypress provides on products purchased directly from Cypress or authorized distributors. The purpose of the failure analysis is to resolve the customer’s issue and to use the results to improve Cypress quality.
This document provides the recommended verification, handling and shipping procedures for units returned to Cypress for failure analysis. Following these recommendations will create the best opportunity for Cypress to provide customers with accurate results.
You must take proper care when returning units or boards to Cypress for failure analysis. Improper handling can result in further damage and prevent a correct diagnosis of the problem. This will cause delays in the analysis and may result in wrong or ineffective corrective actions that do not address the actual problem.
2. Identify the samples (units and/or boards) for analysis
Figure 3. Example of Damaged Package Leads
Figure 4. Example of a unit not cleaned after board removal
3. Create an analysis request using the MyCases link on the Cypress.com web page
4. Prepare the samples for shipment
Figure 5. Various Electrostatic Protection Methods
Ensure that you adhere to the following basic packing recommendations:
Figure 6. WLCSP Package Damage due to Mechanical Impact at Corner
Figure 7. WLCSP Package Damage due to Using Metal Tweezers
5. Communicate the shipment tracking number and shipper to Cypress in the MyCases Analysis Request.
6. When possible, return an unused unit for comparison.
7. Cypress responsibility during the analysis
8. Analysis Conclusion
· At the completion of the analysis, Cypress will provide the customer a final report detailing the analysis results.
· You will be asked if there are any further questions. If you do not provide any further questions, the request will be closed.
· After closure, a survey will be sent to the customer. The results and comments from these surveys are used to improve the Customer Failure Analysis process.
In summary, following these procedures will provide the best chance of a successful analysis and the customer’s problem resolution.
Handling, Packing, Shipping and Use of Moisture/Reflow Sensitive Surface Mount Devices