Serial Port Viewer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
StSc_1311791
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

I bought a FM4 S6E2C-Series Pioneer Kit.  I installed the Serial Port Viewer Software and the CMSIS-DAP firmware package.  When I launch the Serial Port Viewer, a little window pops up and then in a few seconds disappears.  I running Windows 10.  Anybody have any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution
StSc_1311791
Level 3
Level 3

That was the missing piece.  Previously, I was executing the Serial Port Viewer Tool in the Cypress programs folder.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
bharadhwajas_91
Employee
Employee
First like received First like given

Hi ,

What is the version you are using ?Can you please uninstall the tool and update with latest version?

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/serial-port-viewer-and-terminal

0 Likes
StSc_1311791
Level 3
Level 3

Yes, that's the version that I installed yesterday.

0 Likes
bharadhwajas_91
Employee
Employee
First like received First like given

Hi Stan,

Can you tell us more about the issue ?I tested the tool windows 10 and it works fine. Please check your taskbar and click on the serial port terminal icon.If a com port is detected ,you can  open terminal .Are you able to do this ?

0 Likes
StSc_1311791
Level 3
Level 3

That was the missing piece.  Previously, I was executing the Serial Port Viewer Tool in the Cypress programs folder.

0 Likes