Private message notification does not dissappear

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi,

I got a private message from one of the community members long time ago, but the notification sign still does not disappear. I would expect it disappear after checking the inbox. I believe this is a bug (not a feature).

odissey1_0-1615587452023.png

1 Solution

/oddisey,

I get the notification to go away if I click on the highlight item in the Inbox.

Len_CONSULTRON_0-1615640894349.png

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SaraLeslie
Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager
250 sign-ins 100 sign-ins 50 likes received

Hello, this is odd behavior. I get pvt messages and once I click on them the alert disappears. 

I am using chrome most of the time. Do you notice any difference depending on the browser or if you are laptop vs. device? 

I am hoping others may comment on this thread if they are experiencing the same issue so I can get 2 or more user id's of members impacted so I can open a ticket with the vendor and investigate. 

If its REALLY annoying you I think you could try Options/Mark all as Read to get rid of it (see screen shot below) as a temporary solution. 

pvt message alert not going awaypvt message alert not going away

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

Best, Sara 

Community Manager
0 Likes

Sara,

I use Chrome/Win 8.1. Same behavior in FireFox/Win7. From previous experience, the notification mark disappears after replying to the message, which I didn't do. I believe it should go away after checking the mailbox. 

0 Likes

/oddisey,

I get the notification to go away if I click on the highlight item in the Inbox.

Len_CONSULTRON_0-1615640894349.png

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."