Trying to add a Custom Service to the BLE Temperature Measurement example application.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BRFL_4822626
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First reply posted First question asked

Hello:

I am trying to add a custom service to the example code in CE217643 i.e. the BLE Temperature Measurement

with PSoC 6 MCU with BLE Connectivity, Health Thermometer Profile example application.

I have added a custom service to the ble GATT server via the schematic BLE block parameters tool.  

The custom service has only one custom characteristic, the default uint8 field with read prosperities set.

The custom descriptor had one field the uint8 default.

I was looking for where the event handler or callback was/is for the custom service so I could access the custom characteristic value.

Why in the generated code module cyble_custom.c function Cy_BLE_CUSTOM_EventHandler... is there no code for handling a CY_BLE_CUSTOM_SERVER that my example is?

How ? and where ? do I write the Cy_BLE_CUSTOM_EventHandler for a CY_BLE_CUSTOM_SERVER?

What events in the handler do I need to look for, and what is in them?

Thanks Brian

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Please refer to the attached project where I added a custom service to the "CE217643 BLE Temperature Measurement" Code example. This custom characteristic is set with Indicate, Write and Read Properties.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies