CY22393 Flash Programming why programme was being erased when power off ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PaKu_3818476
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

We are using CY22393 Three-PLL Serial-Programmable Flash-Programmable Clock Generator, but when we programme the device using Arduino for I2C  communication it will work for some time and when we turn off the power and start again the programme was erased in CY22393. what was the problem? we were programming the registers using CyberclockRT software of yours. so provide us more details about the flash programming and what was the solution to this problem?.

0 Likes
1 Solution
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi Pavan,

The CY22393 has a volatile(SRAM) and non volatile memory(flash). By I2C programming the volatile memory is configured and hence on power cycle you will lose the script that was programmed. If you need to permanently program the chip (e-fuse) then you need to use either our clock maker kit or a third party programmer to configure the flash. The internal mechanism is that the flash contents are shifted to the volatile memory and then the device starts its operation. Even after you have configured the flash memory, you can change the configuration by I2C programming. On the next power cycle the SRAM contents will be lost and the chip will be back to its flash configuration.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi Pavan,

The CY22393 has a volatile(SRAM) and non volatile memory(flash). By I2C programming the volatile memory is configured and hence on power cycle you will lose the script that was programmed. If you need to permanently program the chip (e-fuse) then you need to use either our clock maker kit or a third party programmer to configure the flash. The internal mechanism is that the flash contents are shifted to the volatile memory and then the device starts its operation. Even after you have configured the flash memory, you can change the configuration by I2C programming. On the next power cycle the SRAM contents will be lost and the chip will be back to its flash configuration.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

0 Likes