about tuner of cap sense

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Tim_Shih
Level 5
Level 5
250 sign-ins 50 replies posted 50 questions asked

Hi~all, 

I'm learning cap sense by using CY8CKIT-044 kit. First, I found my SNR test is failed so I would like to re-tune figure capacitance according to user manual. But I can't find figure capacitance item in my tuner software. (Please refer to the attached file 1.)

Could anyone know why ?

Besides, when I found SNR test fail, to adjust figure capacitance to a smaller value is the effective way to let SNR test pass ?!

Do you have any guidance for me to know how to let SNR test pass ?!

Thank you so much.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @Tim_Shih 

Are you using CapSense in SmartSense mode or are you using manual tuning? Note that the finger capacitance is available in SmartSense mode only.

In manual tuning, you can increase the resolution of the sensor to increase the sensitivity.

Please note that you need to run the CapSense Tuner in synchronized mode to change the values during run-time. 

Hari_0-1633957662148.png

Best regards, 
Hari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @Tim_Shih 

Are you using CapSense in SmartSense mode or are you using manual tuning? Note that the finger capacitance is available in SmartSense mode only.

In manual tuning, you can increase the resolution of the sensor to increase the sensitivity.

Please note that you need to run the CapSense Tuner in synchronized mode to change the values during run-time. 

Hari_0-1633957662148.png

Best regards, 
Hari

0 Likes
Tim_Shih
Level 5
Level 5
250 sign-ins 50 replies posted 50 questions asked

ok ok, thank you for your reply.

0 Likes