PAS CO2 Sensor Accuracy

Announcements

Measure CO2 When It Matters - Infineon’s XENSIV™ PAS CO2 now comes in SparkFun Red. Check it now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
h_nakamura
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - NEXTY (Japan)
First comment on KBA 10 solutions authored 50 questions asked

Regarding the attached article.

In the data of "Figure 4: The development of CO2 levels in one of Infineon's meeting rooms".
Can you tell me the model number of the COMET to be compared?
In Japan, the sensors used in the Building Management Act (other than measuring instruments) are probably the subject of comparison.
Is it correct to assume that COMET products are the same?

Also, if you have comparative measurement data for each arbitrary point, we would appreciate it if you could let us know.

Background:
One of the sensor manufacturers said, "The error rate of the industrial CO2 analyzer is 710ppm vs 689ppm(In-house made)", and this is one point, but a concrete comparison was published.
I asked this question because I wanted to have similar data beforehand in case a customer asks me about accuracy.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AjayB_76
100 sign-ins 10 questions asked 5 questions asked

Hi, 

a) We guarantee the information given in the data for deviation of actual vs measured values. Please look into the datasheet for the charts:

AjayB_76_0-1631622561741.png

b) Please refer to the performance evaluation app note which has details on how to evaluate performance. Vaisala GMP343 is recommended as the reference CO2 sensor. Further details of this product can be found on the
product page

c) COMET products, we will get back with the information on which particular COMET part was used in evaluation. 

d) "The error rate of the industrial CO2 analyzer is 710ppm vs 689ppm(In-house made)" - We would like to understand a bit more about the query, are you looking for measure vs actual value of XENSIV PAS sensor with respect to another reference sensor? 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
AjayB_76

Hi, 

a) We guarantee the information given in the data for deviation of actual vs measured values. Please look into the datasheet for the charts:

AjayB_76_0-1631622561741.png

b) Please refer to the performance evaluation app note which has details on how to evaluate performance. Vaisala GMP343 is recommended as the reference CO2 sensor. Further details of this product can be found on the
product page

c) COMET products, we will get back with the information on which particular COMET part was used in evaluation. 

d) "The error rate of the industrial CO2 analyzer is 710ppm vs 689ppm(In-house made)" - We would like to understand a bit more about the query, are you looking for measure vs actual value of XENSIV PAS sensor with respect to another reference sensor? 

0 Likes
h_nakamura
Level 5
Level 5

Thanks for your prompt reply.

In the actual measurement comparison with COMET products (Fig. 4), I wanted to know the specific measurement results (example: COMET: 700ppm, PAS CO2: 710ppm) as the Japanese sensor manufacturer said. But there was a comparison with "Real CO2 concentration (GMP343?)" In the materials presented, so it is ok.

I'm waiting for the model name of COMET.

0 Likes
AjayB_76

Hi,

We used a COMET Multilogger with an external probe for CO2 sensor.

AjayB_76_0-1631702498267.png

0 Likes
h_nakamura
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

Why did you use an external probe when the internal sensor is more accurate?

Was it because to need to measure over 2000ppm?

Additional question.

Please let me know the maximum measurement difference between the PAS CO2 and  the COMET. It seems occurring at Day 6.

0 Likes
AjayB_76

Hello, I got the response from the team as below: 

1. The measurement is an example of typical application scenario. Therefore, we did not care about the exact probe of the COMET sensor. Currently, we are recommending VISALA GMP 343 (TBC) for performance evaluation.
  2. In this example, the difference at day 6 is 30 ppm. After day 7, Automatic Baseline Offset Correction comes into play and ensure specified accuracy of +-30 ppm +-3%.
0 Likes