List of service and characteristic UUIDs

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone point me to a list of the service and characteristic UUIDs available for the accelerometer, gyro, temperature, etc on the WICED sense Bluetooth Smart Sensor Development Kit.  I went through the source code for the Android app and could only find the battery level characteristic.  Thanks. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello dlima,

Also try this thread: WICED Smart BCM92073X Generate Your Own UUID

The UUID's of sensors represent a Vendor Specific Characteristic and are NOT supplied as assigned UUID's by the BT-SIG.

The battery UUID is defined by the BT-SIG

Thanks

JT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello dlima,

Also try this thread: WICED Smart BCM92073X Generate Your Own UUID

The UUID's of sensors represent a Vendor Specific Characteristic and are NOT supplied as assigned UUID's by the BT-SIG.

The battery UUID is defined by the BT-SIG

Thanks

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks JT.  So how does the Android app get the sensor data from the WICED Smart Sensor?  I want to write my own app to access the sensors.  Regards, DDL

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to write to device CCC (as JT has mentioned, the Client Configuration Characteristics), a value not 0 (correct would be 0x1 for Notifications enabled on device, but any value will work, 0x2 would be for Indications).

And enable Notifications on Android side. There is an API call needed on Android after CCC was written.

Then you get Notifications. They alternate: every 10 of packets for AGM sensors, you get then one for HPT sensors. For the Notification packets received, there is a document here in community/download, with the sensor value formats.

Just process the two different types of Notifications when received.

BTW: A good starting point is to study the Android WICED Sense source code (for the APK).