CY7C68300 EEPROM programming software

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have looked for ages and still can't find it.  So where can I get the 'Blaster' program from?

HUw

0 Likes
12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You may find it from http://www.cypress.com/?rID=14404. Please install the CY4615B kit contents, and the balster tool is provided as part of manufacturing utility.

Regards,

Gayathri

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it, thankyou.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are welcome...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have checked the following website: http://www.cypress.com/?rID=14404. But I don't know which file to download and which file contains EEPROM programming software.

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please download  and install CY4615B EZ-USB AT2LPReference Design Kit(Rev. *A)(Web Team zip file)

You can find the Blaster tool in the following location after installation:

C:\Cypress\USB\CY4615B AT2LP RDK\1.0\Manufacturing Software

Thanks,

Sai Krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sai,

Thank you so much for your reply. According to your instruction, I have downloaded the kit. But I could not find the folder or files called the manufacturing software or Primer.exe file. Please help me the recheck the kit and advise the problem.  After installation, I got this: C:\Cypress\cy4615brdk\1.0\3.  there are a few files but none of them can help.

Thanks for your help.

Bill

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bill,

Right.

You have downloaded the right file.

But, you need to install the following file CY4615BRDKSetup.exe (in location: C:\Cypress\cy4615brdk\1.0\)

Then you can see Blaster or primer tool in the following location after installation:

C:\Cypress\USB\CY4615B AT2LP RDK\1.0\Manufacturing Software

Thanks,

Sai Krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sai,

I did what you told me but the outcome is C:\Cypress\USB\CY4615B AT2LP RDK\1.0\updater. In the updater folder, there is a file called  cy4615brdk.exe.  This is only excutable file in the folder. There is no other executable file.

Sorry, could you further advise me what to do?

Thanks.

Bill

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bill,

I am not sure what is going wrong in your case.

You should see the following files after installing that .exe file.

Please find the attachment.

Thanks,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am attaching the tools that you required to this post.

PFA.

Thanks,

Sai Krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Sai,

I appreciate your help. I finally got the blaster.exe file and opened the file. When I tried to read EEPROM info. It showed a message saying "could not open the device". In the README.TXT file, there is an instruction for the user to avoid  such a problem. I did accordingly. But it didn't help. 

I do not know if you are an expert in the field. Hopefully, you are. I got an removable hardisk with Cypress CY7C68300 chip. Many months ago, I could not find  the disc tag(lable) in my computer. Finally I found the device in the device manager.  It was named "Cypress AT2LP".  I just could not open the device and see the content ( lots of pictures stored).

Is there anyway to recover the content (pictures in the disc) ?  I just want to get back my pictures.....

What is your suggestion on this ?

Thanks a lot.

Bill

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bill

EEPROM in AT2LP stores the configuration parameters for AT2LP chip.

AT2LP interfaces a memory part (CF card/ ATA device) with the host. 

The memory part  will have your stored pictures. In short trying to read EEPROM using Blaster tool will not help.

In a harddisk there are usully two parts: 1) the connector(contains AT2LP part) 2) a memory part

If you can remove the memory part from the harddisk and use it in a different harddisk where the AT2LP interface works fine then you can probably get back you pictures. This assuming the AT2LP interface has gone bad and the memory which contains your pictures is still good. If the memory part of the harddisk is corrupted then I do not think you can retrive the pictures.

Thanks

Nikhil

0 Likes