External Clock

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am using FX2LP developement kit. I am stuck when i try to external clock i can't do Bulk In Transfer. This is my project is:

I am trying to connect FX2LP with an external device (camera). The problem is that I want to use the clock of camera which is running at 5 MHZ so that i can synchronize my LSYNC(HSYNC) AND FSYNC(VSYNC) and grab a frame out of the camera. I implemented GPIF single read just to make sure that i able to receive any data from the camera. I used the GPIF example to data from the camera. Program runs fine and give me data if i use internal clock. But when i use external clock, my bulk in transfer fails in CyConsole. Could you please help me. That would be really appreciated.

Regards,

ABM

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Can you probe the 5MHz clock that you are providing and check if it is 5MHz as intended. Sinc ethe minimum interface frequency supported by FX2LP is 5MHz, we need to ensure it does not go below this value. Also, when you are using external clock, can you check the interface lines and understand what is happening across the interface? 

Regards,

Gayathri

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Gayatri, I will be working on it tomorrow. I will contact cypress back if i don't remove this issue..

-ABM

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

0 Likes