USB Audio Device

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a FX2LP design with a set of descriptors to create a USB audio device. The device implements a speaker, so I have a USB streaming input and a speaker output. The device is recognised by Windows as a USB audio device. However when I open media player and play an mp3 I dont get any data coming out of the FX2LP. I should mention that the FX2 is connected to an FPGA. I have a program monitoring the data coming into the FPGA, but nothing happens. Does anyone have any thoughts? I have attached the file if anyone can see any problems.

Thanks

Jon

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Attachment missing..

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry about the attachement. I have some more info. If I use some software to look at the USB traffic in Windows, I can see that media player tries to send an isochronous transfer. I get the following error. Does anyone know what would cause this error. I can only believe that the descriptor must have a problem.

URB Isoch Transfer failed

Device Object 87C1B3B8h

Driver Object hhdusbh32

URB Function URB_FUNCTION_ISOCH_TRANSFER

URB Status USBD_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER

Endpoint 02h 2 Out, Isochronous

Number of Packets 10

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It still hasnt attached the file. I keep adding it but it doesnt appear in the thread.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will try renaming the file to see if that helps.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem solved. As I am using high speed USB the value of bInterval has to be set to 4 to give 1ms.

2 ^ 4-1 = 8

8 x 125us = 1 ms

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

0 Likes