Interrupt from comparator - S/W guidelines.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

How to generate an interrupt from comparator's output without using any DigBuf module? Can I get two interrupts using the same transition before & after routing to a DigBuf ? I read related stuff on cypress documentation but wasn't able to figure out anything conclusive.

I did include pragma interrupt_handler in the beginning. I tried incorporating ljmp  _Comp1 (taking Comp1 as the name) in boot.tpl file & then to begin with, in my ISR, which I'm coding in C, I tried to change an LED's status everytime an interrupt occurs but couldn't succeed. Tell me the correct sequence and/or example code for the same. 

Thanks a lot.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I tested --- it works fine.

There is a file generated named COMP_INT.asm where the modifications have to be made

Attached is a working project. External connection is needed from Port0_0 to Port0_1, interrupt occurs once a second.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi ramanathan,

i too was facing the same problem when trying to use an interrupt directly from a comparator bus but i could'nt achieve that. the most i could do was to route it to a digbuf module and use its interrupt for my application. i would be glad if someone from the cypress community can help us out.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I cannot see any pitfalls with the comparator so far: Depending on the analog column the appropiate interrupt in Boot.tpl has to be changed (Interrupt #2 to 5) and the interrupt has to be enabled for the comparator via the API.

I think, I'll test that.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I tested --- it works fine.

There is a file generated named COMP_INT.asm where the modifications have to be made

Attached is a working project. External connection is needed from Port0_0 to Port0_1, interrupt occurs once a second.

Bob

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Small correction: Interrupt occurs every 2 seconds.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hallo Bob!

I tried your code. It works fine. Generating interrupt from the comparator bus was successfull. Danke 😉

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

@ramanathan

You are always welcome! Where did you pick up your german vocabular?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an activity in college where I'd to learn a bit of german. Not even an amateur. You're a gentleman - sticking to english even when triggered 😛  

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

So you may call me GentleProgrammierer (broad smile)

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob,

A little madness from my side - just got this thought ; I configured SC block as a comparator - I got a nearly digital o/p. i.e the edges are not as sharp as it would be if a comparator is made using a CT block BUT with LESSER noise.. Can these raw transitions from 0-5 V, when directly routed to pins,  trigger GPIO Interrupts ?

Danke, RAM

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Instead of routing the SCBLOCK based comparator output to a pin and then generating interrupt, you can route the comparator output directly to a comparator bus present in every analog column. You can then enable the comparator bus interrupt. 

You can refer AN2108 - Implementing Hysteresis Comparator - 

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=2780

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using an SC block as a comparator. & I've routed the o/p to the Comparator's bus - Is that what you mean by enabling the comparator bus or there are any specific instructions to accomplish this ? 

RAM

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is correct. You can do this in chip editor of PSoC Designer itself. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ rjvb,

Thanks but what's not clear to me is different - I'm asking how to use the o/p of ComparatorBus_0 as an interrupt  ? 

(Note - I dont want routing using DigBuf as that makes my o/p noisy ; I'm NOT using a CT comparator user module but an SC block's analog transition on CompBus)

Regards, RAM

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

I believe its this register -

0 Likes
lock attach
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

I believe its this register, attached -

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
    You can refer Design 2 presented in application note     AN2108 - Implementing Hysteresis Comparator -    

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=2780

In addition to the code written for Design 2, add following to enable the interrupt -   

/*****************************************************************************/   

M8C_EnableGInt ; //enable global interrupt   

/*  enable comparator interrupt. Select an instruction from the list below depending on where SC block is placed */   

INT_MSK0 |= 0x02;   //use this if SC block is placed in column 0   

INT_MSK0 |= 0x04;  //use this if SC block is placed in column 1   

INT_MSK0 |= 0x08; //use this if SC block is placed in column 2   

INT_MSK0 |= 0x10; //use this if SC block is placed in column 3   

/****************************************************************************/   
0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

And don't forget to modify boot.tpl, root directory of project, with ljmp ISR name

for that column -

org   08h                      ;Analog Column 0 Interrupt Vector
    `@INTERRUPT_2`
    reti

org   0Ch                      ;Analog Column 1 Interrupt Vector
    `@INTERRUPT_3`
    reti

org   10h                      ;Analog Column 2 Interrupt Vector
    `@INTERRUPT_4`
    reti

org   14h                      ;Analog Column 3 Interrupt Vector
    `@INTERRUPT_5`
    reti

You replace the "`@INTERRUPT_n`" contruct with -

"ljmp ISRname" ( if ISR is a C solution, say COMPisr, then use as its name, "ljmp _COMPisr"

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes