undefined reference to `_gettimeofday

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to build my first application using the Broadcom IDE and a Broadcom evaluation board. I have managed to get a "hello world" application running on the evaluation board but when I try and build the full application I get the error:

.../wiced/wiced-sdk-2.3.1/wiced-sdk/tools/arm_gnu/bin/win32/../../lib/thumb/v7mlibc.a(lib_a-gettimeofdayr.o): In function `_gettimeofday_r:

/home/evan/Documents/Projects/Tool_Build/Yagarto/newlib-build/arm-none-eabi/thumb/v7m/newlib/libc/reent/../../../../../../../newlib-1.20.0/newlib/libc/reent/gettimeofdayr.c:71: undefined reference to `_gettimeofday

I was getting similar errors for functions like _open but I managed to get rid of those by removing any use of open from my application, but I have removed all uses of gettimeofday and I am still getting this one error.
0 Likes
5 Replies
GregG_16
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 25 comments on KBA

Let us know if this is still an issue for you?

0 Likes

I am running into this issue as well whenever 'time' is called.

Although I've found a workaround, I'm curious what is the cause, as well as the solution.

0 Likes

What was your work-around?

0 Likes

My statement was misleading; I ended up not using this function to achieve what I was trying to do.

0 Likes
AnSa_1225656
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Same problem here as well.

0 Likes