PSoCCreatorSetup_2.2_sp1 crash

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
OlPe_282281
Level 2
Level 2
Welcome! 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hi,

the new update doesn't work for me.

First, I did try the ccypress update programm to upgrade my PSoC Creator 2.2. After that, my desktop icon didn't hold any creator image any more - don't car about. After starting Creator complains about missing Programmer, that's really bad.

Well, deinstalled upgraded Creator and perform a new install shall solve it. But this failed - I've got the error "xxx doesn't work any more". I've here the option to debug it and got the 2nd message about uncaught exception. Only one attachement is allowed here, so I will attach it on next posting.

BTW, where can I report Software Bugs like this (or even Creator as such) in Cypress's myCases?

Thanks,

Olaf

0 Likes
4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
OlPe_282281
Level 2
Level 2

here the next shot

0 Likes
OlPe_282281
Level 2
Level 2

OK, after removing the Programmer 3.18 also, reinstall all the 2.2 related stuff (I have the 2.1 on Disk since it supports the once PSoC5) all went fine so far.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Creator 2.2SP1 supports, AFAICS, still PSoC5ES1 (at least the CY8C5588AXI-060ES1 which was on the -050 and -001 kits). I also had no problems after (or before) updating programmer to the latest version.

0 Likes
OlPe_282281
Level 2
Level 2

we still have some ES0 here 🙂

Anyway, I'm only concerned by this, I guess we can close here since a complete reinstall solved it. One question is left here - how to report bugs about the Creator at cypress MyCases web page? Cypress Tools includes a lot of.

0 Likes