Problem with data received from the fx3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I created a DMA-MANY-TO-ONE-AUTO (2 to 1) channel between the Pport and USB endpoint to transfer some data.The GPIF worked in 16bit mode.When I use the ControlCenter to check the received data,they are all copied once.I am now really confused by this.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

What is your application. What are you trying to do? Please dscribe a lttile bit about your application.

Regards,

Gayathri

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gayathri

In my application,the fx3 device acts as a slave and the FPGA continues to write some certain  data to the fx3 p-port .I want to transfer these data to the host computer ,so I created a dma  channel with two producer sockets and one consumer socket. I use the USB ControlCenter to check if I get the right data ,then I get this

BULK IN transfer 

0000 88 FF 88 FF 90 FF 90 FF 98 FF 98 FF A0 FF A0 FF

0010 A8 FF A8 FF B0 FF B0 FF B8 FF B8 FF C0 FF C0 FF

0020 C8 FF C8 FF D0 FF D0 FF D8 FF D8 FF E0 FF E0 FF ....

while the data in FPGA was  FF88 FF90 FF98 FFA0 FFA8 FFB0 FFB8 FFC0 FFC8 FFD0 FFD8 FFE0....

The data received were all repeated once .Why?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Did you actually probe and check the interface lines? Is the data actually going twice? What is the logic that you are using for transferring the data from FPGA? Iw woudl like to take a look at the GPIF state machine, and the code snippet that create many-to-one channel. Please attach the same.

Regards,

Gayathri

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

SORRY,I got the wrong GPIF frequencey on PCLK

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

I need to receive data on bus 16 bit, and pack them into words by 1024. How can this be done at the state machine GPIF II?

I can not solve the problem of day 3.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes