I installed WICED Smart IDE 2.1.1 on OSX Yosemite - Problems

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I installed WICED Smart IDE 2.1.1 on OSX Yosemite, but I am unable to build the apps due to the following error:

----------

dyld: Library not loaded: /System/Library/Perl/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level/CORE/libperl.dylib

Referenced from: /Users/sagarnargundkar/Documents/WICED/WICED-Smart-SDK-2.1.1/WICED-Smart-SDK/Wiced-Smart/spar/../../Tools/common/OSX/perl

Reason: image not found

---------

It looks like OSX Yosemite uses Perl v5.18 while the SDK's version of perl is 5.12

0 Likes
1 Solution
StBa_721356
Level 5
Level 5
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Open the terminal app and type the following:

cd /System/Library/Perl

sudo ln -s 5.18 5.12

Now everything should work again.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Creating new discussion as opposed to a comment on a document.

vik86

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello sagargn,

The Perl Issue will be fixed in the next release of the SDK coming shortly.

Thank You,

JT

0 Likes
StBa_721356
Level 5
Level 5
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Open the terminal app and type the following:

cd /System/Library/Perl

sudo ln -s 5.18 5.12

Now everything should work again.

Thanks for the help Stefan

j.t vik86

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

1. The suggested link is  making Perl working, indeed. ( At least, on my installation of SDK).

2. But then I run into another issue. ( Which may be not an issue, but my misunderstanding of Eclise IDE):

a. Running 'make proximity-BCM920737TAG_Q32 build' , for example, within the terminal window, compiles and build the application. As expected.

b. When I open the Wiced IDE ( Eclipse  ?), I have 'Make target' window on the right side. With all SDK projects listed inside. So, clicking on 'proximity-BCM920737TAG_Q32 download' target there -- compiles and build the application, as expected.

c. What I  failed to do -- to build the application from 'Project Explorer' window.  Should  additional 'target(s)' be added per each project in order  to do that? Is there instruction ( documents) how to do that? I tried a few things, but failed to succeed.  I would ask to advice how to resolve that issue.

Thanks,

Alex

0 Likes

. What I  failed to do -- to build the application from 'Project Explorer' window.  Should  additional 'target(s)' be added per each project in order  to do that? Is there instruction ( documents) how to do that? I tried a few things, but failed to succeed.  I would ask to advice how to resolve that issue.

Did you mean to say you double click and ran the make file ?

thnx

vik86

Anonymous
Not applicable

>>> Did you mean to say you double click and ran the make file ?

Well, I assume it is a bit more complicated...

1. Took hello_sensor project.

2. tried to build target..., failed,

3 added target, as within 'Make Target' window...
4. got the the results:
hello_senor.tiff.jpg

5. Oops... I just found the similar thread on the forum. ( Sorry missed it before).
Seems I have to rename some files, etc....  Double checking it.

Alex

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found the thread Platform makefile not found, OSX' and 'moved' my question there....

0 Likes