Pre-Order a PSoC 4 Pioneer Kit Today!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are pleased to announce the opening of pre-orders for our newest development kit, on the latest and greatest PSoC architecture - the PSoC 4 Pioneer Kit, featuring a member of the PSoC 4200 family of devices.

www.cypress.com/

You can pre-order this kit from our partners element14 for only $25, starting today!

http://www.cypress.com/cy8ckit-042

A few weeks ago we annouced the PSoC 4 architecture - a low-power PSoC mixed-signal SoC built around the power optimized ARM Cortex-M0 CPU. PSoC 4 has programmable analog and digital blocks, similar to previous PSoC architectures, making it the industry's most flexible Cortex-M0 based architecture.

Stay tuned for further product announcements in the following weeks! We are very excited to bring PSoC 4 to the market to share with all of you.

0 Likes
24 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting kit. not a big fan of arduino form factor but the psoc4 kit looks quite good. it's quite interesting that they have used a PSOC5 based programmer instead of the FX2LP from the PSOC3/5 kits.

What is the unpopulated J7 connector used for?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zeta -

The unpopulated header [J7] is a program/debug header for the onboard PSoC 5LP. Out of the box, the PSoC 5LP comes prepared as the programmer/debugger for the PSoC 4, but advanced users can unlock the true potential of this board by writing their own firmware to the PSoC 5LP. Two powerful ARM-PSoCs on on board!!

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

When the PSoC5 on this board is reprogrammed, how can the PSoC4 then programmed? Is J6 the programming header then? Can I use a MiniProg3 (A) for that, or do I need a new programmer?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a programmer header for the PSOC4, so it's posible to use a miniprog to program the psoc4. I'm guessing we will also get orifinal firmware of the psoc5 in case we want to program without a miniprog again.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

So J6 is the programming port - I should have guessed from the name 🙂

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

Btw: for Germany the final cost of this board is about 40EUR when including taxes and shipping... (Which ist still rather unexpensive when compared with a -050 board)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

One PSoC5 and one PSoC4 for $25. that is cheap.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct - [J6] can be used to program the PSoC 4 using a miniProg3 (CY8CKIT-002). The original "programmer" firmware for the PSoC 5LP device will be available for download.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

the 5LP firmware -  is this JTAG or SWD (or both)?

any chance it will be released in source? i was just starting an SWD 5LP -> 5LP programmer project.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The PSoC 4 only supports SWD. So the PSoC 5LP "programmer" will only talk SWD to the PSoC 4. The firmware supplied for this will be SWD only.

The PSoC 5LP can talk to PSoC Creator via SWD or JTAG over [J7].

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will these be available from the Cypress store at any point?

Element14 is not a great distributor for worldwide distribution. They had problems with the APAC region, which have been "fixed" but now the preorder link takes me to uk.farnel.com which does not ship to South Africa.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hey Errol, The Mouser for you. http://jp.mouser.com/new/cypresssemiconductor/cypress-psoc4/   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you PSoC73, but Mouser charges $60 shipping. I can maybe sneek it in with one of my employer's orders in the future, but preordering isn't going to work.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Oh! S**k! To Japan, shipping charge is free when the total price is exceed around 75$ I didn't care about your country.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just check element14 here, it is selling AU$32. with the current exchange rate, the price should be lower that AU$25, but it also has 60days lead time. 😞  

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

has anyone received one? i pre-ordered very early from newark. today status says expected shipment Jun 14th. are they really available on cypress store? the cypress website says 'in-stock'. doesn't seem fair if we pre-ordered the way cypress told us to on April 9th.

-Ed

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep I noticed it too.

I wish I had known it was going to be available on cypress store. I would have saved on shipping and taxes if I ordered it along with my -50B kit

Also, some device samples that I ordered from the cypres store were originaly scheduled to ship may 10th, but have shipped the 5th 

With luck I might have my PSOC4 breakout board before E14 ships the Pionner kit 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just ordered/paid for Qty 1 on cypress store. i will advise what communication/shipping i receive.

-Ed

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Justy a quick note..

I recieved the two i order from Mouser last week.. today...(USMail to Oregon)

So, they are coming ...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

PSoC4 has arrived.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine from Element 14 showed up today.  So now onto the Arduino shield examples?

EEG analog => pSOC processing => Arduino => Processing display

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        my cypress store order still hasn't shipped. Newark miraculously shipped last night. so much for the june 14 date two days ago. hard to plan.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You lucky guys. It will probably take a few more days untill it arrives to this part of the world.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        cypress store fedex just arrived. Newark ups on truck for delivery. so 1 in the hand, 2 more in the town.   
0 Likes