PSOC device samples now available

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was browsing the Cypress store and noticed there are new devices available for purchase.

Sample prices are really low compared to other PSOC devices. Although, prices on farnell and mouser are sinificantly higher and digikey don't list PSOC4 devices yet.

0 Likes
13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Tnx zeta-san.   
0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Strange: the web page lists the CY8C4125AXI-483 as having 0 universal analog blocks. The data sheet says it has 2 OpAmps and a SAR. Who is right?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would trust more the datasheet

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll get the pioner kit first.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was going to get the kit first too. But Farnell has decided they won't ship to home addresses in my country anymore but rather only to business

And since it's a farnell exclusive product, RS nor digikey nor mouser will have it stocked. I'll have to wait till it apears on ebay

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

What sometimes work is to send it to your work address, and then (after the package has cleared customs) tell the shipping company to deliver it to your home address. I did this with Fedex several times - but you need shipment tracking for that.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Here is the datasheet to settle the analog question.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks hli,

thats a good idea, I just hope Fedex wont charge too much for address change.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks hli,

thats a good idea, I just hope Fedex wont charge too much for address change.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

@dana: but it doesn't really answer "what is a universal analog block?". Like zeta I would trust the data sheet more, but who knows...

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

I just wrote them a nice email (via the contact form), they never charged me for it.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HLI -

the PSoC 4100, PSoC 4200 series will have the CTBm (Continuous Time Block) that contains 2 Op-Amps. This block can be repurposed into several analog topologies.

the "Programmable Analog Block" is different, and under development, for future PSoC 4s (not on the 4100, 4200).

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

So maybe there should be a statement somewhere that "universal analog block == CTBm"...

0 Likes