HELP ME PLEASE!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

The PSoC4 will coming. That will get big volume of market    

and the Cypress will be glad, Everybody will be happy.    

But I'm a little bit unhappy.    

On strange occasions, I recalled a memory of some PSoC.     

Many years ago I bought PSoC of 20pin DIP from a rare.     

It is the Cy8C26233.     

CY8C26233   

But that could not programming at all.
PSoC Programmer has a device family and device type of it still now.      

Reset and Power cycle mode was regardless.
Even if the CY3210-MiniEval has jumper for 20pin DIP.      

It can never program by MiniProg-1      

So on, I had been forgot that.        

This PSOC was born to the world by the Cypress.      

But does not have a program at once yet.
How unhappy it is.      

He is crying "FAILED! Please check target device, device connection and parameter setting"      

Please save this PSoC.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

You mean it can not be programmed by a miniprog1?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

You mean it can not be programmed by a miniprog1?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Yes just right.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I couldn't find the part in cypress website but it can be found on digykey. Seems like 26xx devices have long been discontinued.

the ICE won't support it either. You might try using m8cutils with some luck it can be programmed ignoring silicon ID

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think 26Series were obsoluted, We switch from one from 26xxx to 27xxx a few years ago, but I think if you have a old version of psoc programmer software, it may work. I also remember someone mentioned that by changing a file in the prorgrammer, it woud be able to programm the 26series. but could not remember the details

ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

I found the part listed in Programmer 3.0.0.92, so would take a

miniprog 1

Regards, Dana.

Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi Every PSoCkers "Konnitiwa", Thanks so much. I was try the programmer 3.0.0.92, not work. My oldest programmer 2.30.016 is not work. The status is that power led lit continuously and status green led is slightly blinking. It seems power-cycle reset was not well and reset-mode also not work. This issue is a half of serious. My need to use this psoc is not much. I have recall somthing and I had post this article for a seed of story. Thank you.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too have some old cypress devices like a few Encore and Encore II devices that I can't program. Thouse were real cheap USB controllers back in the day.

Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi zeta-san, When I looking for the parts box, I find many unhappy psocs. WUSB, PROC LP, RF modules. these are tough to programming and get to working cause of my less knowlege and less technics. I have to work it out of all when people got psoc4. That's my fun. Thank you.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        By chance、recently I have get some PSoC which has same profile 20pin DIP. Those are C24233PXI. It can programming and working well. This is a report from Japan. Thank you.   
0 Likes