Does cyusb.sys support an2131 controllers?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

(sorry if I'm writing this to a wrong forum chapter - I haven't found 100% related one)

My question is in the subject. I want my old an2131 devices to be available on 64-bit OSes so I have to use cyusb.sys. I tried to rewrite working INFs of my fx1 devices simply changing the VIDs and PIDs but unlucky - firmware download didn't work. I even tried downloading procedure of my previous driver based on ezusb.sys so I wanted to connect the cyusb.sys with the renumerated device but failed again. Now I'm unsure if cyusb.sys supports the an2131 at all.

Bring me some light, please.

Regards,

Dmitry

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes, CyUSB.SYS supports AN2131 controllers. How do you download firmware??

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

My an2131 devices used ezusb.sys with the compiled ezloader.sys (renamed) previosly. No problems on 32 bit systems. When I started to go fx1 I used slightly modified cypress inf's. I think my inf was from the driver suite 3.4.6., but I'm not absolutely sure. I got well functioning fx1 drivers, no problems. And now for an2131 (for the reason of 64-bit support) I jump cyusb.sys using my fx1 inf's with the VIDs and PID's modified (they are different). And also - I didn't mention this in the original message - I also made firmware.hex to spt conversion.

That's what I get when I install my new an2131 driver:

1. System takes modified id's and copies the driver files. Spt directory is created too with the spt file in it.

2. Device manager shows driver working as normal. No question marks.

3. I don't see the firmware was downloaded. No "ready" led signals on my device and no jump to renumeration with the new ids. Looks like the driver is functioning but it doesn't see the hardware so it just holds in the air (memory). 🙂

Maybe you have a working sample of cyusb.sys + corresponding inf for a an2131 configuration? I could try it with minimal modification.

Best regards,

Dmitry

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forgot to say - I also tried cyconsole after the driver installation. It doesn't see anything and shows no data.

When I go back to my previous ezusb.sys driver - it works. Seems like the hardware itself is ok.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. What did you use to generate the .spt file? (The location of CPUCS register used to reset the 8051 is different between FX1 and AN2131)

2. Did you get a chance to look at the CATC trace of the traffic?

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

"1. The location of CPUCS register used to reset the 8051 is different between FX1 and AN2131"

Yeah, thanks, this was the problem. I made another cyscript conversion using "Ctrl-P" magic (thanks to this KB document). Although I'd prefer to have a button for this instead of the current "blind" approach. Or just put the text message like "defaults are newer fxs" - this immediately gives a variations clue saying this app isn't that smart to handle all the cases automatically.

The downloader is okay, but now I'm facing bulk transfer troubles. 🙂 Not occasional - the bulks just don't work. Nothing much to say here, XferData returns 0 and UsbdStatusString gives "STALLED/UNKNOWN". I've only begun to investigate, but if this  is something from the surface - let me know, please.

"2. Did you get a chance to look at the CATC trace of the traffic?"

Unfortunately I don't have a hardware USB analyzer at the moment.

Regards,

Dmitry

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found it - I had to access "+1" bulks (possibly because of the ep pairing used). Now it works and shines.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

Dmitry

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

is there a driver available for an2131 application to be used on a W7/64bit computer.

I am not experienced enough to generate the driver myself.

Gerd

0 Likes