Restarting Debugger

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AuKa_264411
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

I  have an irritating issue with PSoC Creator version 2.2 and PSoC5 running under Windows 7. When I am in one of the editors and want to proceed to debugging I click on the debug icon (looks like an ant) and the software does its own thing (compiling when necessary etc.) and then moves into the debug environment.  The problem is that maybe 60% of the time, it doesn't set the pointer/ProgramCounter to the first instruction in the main procedure, it simply opens a Disassembly tab and seems not to place the ProgramCounter anywhere, or maybe above the first line in the window (I can't tell- there is no yellow arrow). Although I am sure it is irrelevant, the first line in the debugger is:

0x00000000 <__cs3_interrupt_vector>:

Trying to run results in indeterminate results. The only way is to click on the Reset icon (double rewind arrow) and sometimes you even need to do that twice. If you are in the disassembly window it will take you to the correct point, but still in the Disassembly tab.

I have tried to find any pattern as to when I invoke the debugger (like completely build before I start) but I can find no pattern to it.

Is anyone esle seeing this problem?

0 Likes
7 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Check the settings where the debugger will stop.

Bob

0 Likes
AuKa_264411
Level 3
Level 3

there are no breakpoints set

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I am not talking about breakpoints! The debugger stops when you start it (smile) at a given location: Address 0 or first instruction in main. That is to give you time to set breakpoints or set variables before main() runs.

Bob

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Look at the setting for "At Run / Reset, run to"

Bob

0 Likes
AuKa_264411
Level 3
Level 3

Firstly I would appreciate it if you could let me know where I find this " "At Run / Reset, run to"

Secondly, if it is a setting, how come it happens sometimes and other times not and why does the reset always take me to where I am expecting?

0 Likes
AuKa_264411
Level 3
Level 3

Found the  "At Run / Reset, run to" and it is set to Main.

So my question remains. Why does is sometimes go to main and sometimes not?

0 Likes
ShSh_291626
Level 3
Level 3

you can try modify miniprog3 clock speed to 0.8MHz. ^_^

0 Likes