PSoC Programmer Device not Found

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everyone,

I'm new using tools from Cypress, so hope someone can help me to solve my doubt, i'm trying to program a CY8C322144 using the PSoC Programmer with Miniprog3, but at the moment when i try to select the family & device, i can't find it, someone knows if i need an additional library or how can i program this uC using the Miniprog3 Tool?

Best Regards

0 Likes
9 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

I cannot find anything about this part, and Cypress doesn't know it either: http://www.cypress.com/?app=search&searchType=part&keywords=CY8C322144&submit-keywords.x=0&submit-ke...

Is this one of the USB parts? Then you should ask in the appropriate forums, not in the PSoC ones...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

My mistake CY8C3244 Uc this is the device that i can't found using PSoC

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

CY8C3244 is a valid device and should be available on psoc programmer. What PSOC Programmer version are you running? Also make sure your Miniprog3 is properly connected and selected (check the port selection). 

It i weird but when I open PSOC programmer without Miniprog3 or -50/-030 kit connected I can only see PSOC1 devices. It used to apear all devices in previous versions.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

Hmm. All devices shown by Cypress (http://www.cypress.com/?app=search&searchType=part&keywords=CY8C3244&submit-keywords.x=0&submit-keyw... ) are marked as 'in production', so they should be supported by the programmer. Did you update to the latest version (3.18.1) already?

Also, can you programm the PCoS3 directly from Creator, without starting the programmer manually? (Because this uses the Progammer internally)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello once again everyone

I´ll explain you shortly my problem, i need to program 2 cypress micros (CY8C21334 & CYC3244)

After some test, i'll resume some points:

1.-Install PSoC 3.13.1 version from cd (included in my miniprog3 kit)

i have the CY8C32XX family & my uC CY8C3244LTI-130 but i didn't have the 21x34 family & also the CY8C21334B-24PVXI

2.-Update the PSoC to 3.18.1 version & now the situation is:

I have the 21x34family & my uC CYC21334B-24PVXI but now i didn't have the CY8C32XX Family & CY8C3244LTI-130

Someone of you has been in the same situation?

thanks for your support!

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

• did you try to program the PSoC3 only from the programmer, or did you also try to use Creator directly (which shoiuld work since it doesn't need to run through the device selection)
  •     
  • did you try auto-detect in the Programmer? maybe its just like zeta said - without MiniProg3 connected you don't see all devices for some reason (I had the same effect)
  •     
  • When trying to select the device, is the MiniProg3 connected or not?
  •    
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi everyone, At first CY8C3244LTI-130 is PSoC3 and CY8C21334B-24PVXI is PSoC1. I trying to do both by empty project. It's seems OK, device family was shown and succeed to trying to till checksum. Best way is use device programmer own by Creator and Designer, as Hli said. Of course, By using PSoC programmer has same result.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everyone, I can not find CY8C4014  in device use psoc programmer 3.23  after reinstall, before I can find,who can help me?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum.

Load your hex-file and attach to your programmer, the target will be selected automatically.

Bob

0 Likes