CY8C3866AY1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

After upgrading to PSoC Creator 2.2 and rebuilding a project I get the following message when attempting to program the device:

"This device was recognized, but PSoC Creator does not support using it at this time"

is this chip discontinued?

0 Likes
7 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

They Cypress website doesn't know about this part: http://www.cypress.com/?app=search&searchType=part&keywords=CY8C3866A&submit-keywords.x=0&submit-key...

Where does it come from (I cannot even find it with Google...)?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I have never seen AY1 packages. Isn't it rather CY8C3866-AXI ?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

My mistake, it's CY8C3866AXI-040ES2

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I created a new project, selected CY8C3666AXI-040 from the deviceselect menu, compiled the program, connected the development system a,d got the same message.  Recognized but not supported.  Don't worry about it.  I'll find another way to do what I need done.  Thanks for trying.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
        Oh, PSoC3 ES2 silicon is not supported in Creator since a while (Since version 2.1). PSoC3 is in production since a a while, so the replacement program has been ended (otherwise you could have exchanged your kit with a newer one). So maybe you should ask your local Cypress contact for help. Or you need to go back to an older Creator version - 2.0 should still work.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The ES in CY8C3866AXI-040ES2 means engineering sample and it was discontinued long time ago. PSOC3 ES device support has been removed from Creator since verion 2.1  PSOC5 ES support was removed in Creator 2.2

You could download an older version of Creator to compile your project but you would be better off getting new silicon and moving your project to the new device.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

Creator 2.2 still supports the PSoC5 CY8C5588AXI-060ES1 which is the part which was on the first -001 and -050 kits. All other ES1 parts are removed, but I hope this one will be supported for a while...

0 Likes