Bridge Control Panel

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am trying to connect a PSoC3 to my PC through the Bridge Control Panel using RS232.  As far as I can tell the UART is configured correctly as well as the control panel.  I have confirmed through hyperterminal the data is ariving to the PC.  The Control Panel says it is connected but when I try to execute a Repeat command nothing happens.  I have seen a single count come back once or twice now but no data is ever displayed through the panel.  Please share any wisdom you have with me.

-Walt

0 Likes
5 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

AFAIK the bridge control panel is designed for use with the CY3240 USB-I2C Bridge Kit, which uses a PSoC1 chip (CY8C24894). Did you program your PSoC3 to behave exactly the same? Otherwise it seems no wonder that the bridge control panel doesn't talk with your PSoC3...

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Forget my last post, I just read through the documentation and saw that it indeed is useful for more than just this kit.

But still: did you follow one of the examples to verify that your basic setup (nd hardware) is OK? E.g. the "RX8_Sin_X Example for ComPort" from the Bridge Control panel 1.8 documentation? That way you could verify your setup, and the steps you need to take (it doesn't seem so simple judging from the documention).

Last but not least, you can also try to install a COM-Port-Sniffer to look at the data going through it, maybe that helps too...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I need know how get the Brige Control Panel?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum.

When you have Cypress Creator installed (completely) the bridge control panel will be installed under Start -> Cypress.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

My Bridge control panel is unistalled, I have done a repair installation, but the bridge control panel is not installed. Please direct me to another link for installation. 

Thanks 

0 Likes