Fx3 GPIF 5 bit mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi:

I have a board with an FX3 connected to an FPGA where the GPIF is the synchronous 2bit mode.but through reading "Slave FIFO Interface for EZ-USB® FX3™: 5-Bit Address Mode", I have a quetion about 5bit mode:

Q1: Is there an advantage to use gpif 5bit mode compared with 2bit mode?only can use more physical sockets?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi, If you need data paths just less than 4 from the GPIF to any peripheral then please go for SlaveFIFO 2bit. But in case if you need more than 4 then please go for 5bit. Other than that there is no specific advantage or disadvantage. Thanks, sai krishna.   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi, If you need data paths just less than 4 from the GPIF to any peripheral then please go for SlaveFIFO 2bit. But in case if you need more than 4 then please go for 5bit. Other than that there is no specific advantage or disadvantage. Thanks, sai krishna.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for your answer! but what do you mean "data paths"? it means  sockets used for transmitting datas from GPIF to USB,UART,SPI,I2C and other peripheral?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes. You are right.

Thanks,

sai krishna.

0 Likes