Unable To Bundle Then Unbundle a PSoC 3 Project

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ScEn_283436
Level 5
Level 5
5 sign-ins First solution authored 100 replies posted

Hello.

I have yet to successfully bundle a project, then unzip it and run it. Therefore, I cannot backup my projects and have no way to recover on another machine if my computer crashes. I have also been sent example projects from India on cases I have opened and lost many hours just trying to get the projects to load into PSoC Creator Version 2.0 Component Pack 2 Release Date 3/16/2012. PSoC Creator makes the zip file then when I unbundle it and try to load the project PSoC Creator gives me the following error messages in one dialog box after another.

prj.M0184: Project cyprimitives contains components that include special code that runs on your computer. Do you trust the source of this project and wish to use the projects components?

prj.M0184: Project CyComponentLibrary contains components that include special code that runs on your computer. Do you trust the source of this project and wish to use the projects components?

prj.M0184: Project CyComponentLibraryUpdates contains components that include special code that runs on your computer. Do you trust the source of this project and wish to use the projects components?

prj.M0184: Project CyReferenceLibrary contains components that include special code that runs on your computer. Do you trust the source of this project and wish to use the projects components?

prj.M0054: Failure to load the project user data for workspace "Nxt-gen-01". Some user data may have been lost or corrupted. A new user file will be started for you.

A new user file will be created and none of the data contained in the corrupt user file can be recovered. The user data file is not strictly necessary for the workspace.

I click on the  cywrk file, PSoC Creator begins and opens the project but gives me all the above messages, so I click OK on each of them. I've also tried finding the file from within PSoC Creator 'Open existing project'.. Loads the project but gives me 138 errors if I try to compile it. There is something fundamentally wrong here.

Nick

0 Likes
20 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried to re-build the project from the archieve with the same computer?

To test that, try to make the archieve of the project.

Then make a copy of your working directory, so you won't lose your source file completely. 

Start with a clean directory tree by deleting all fles in the working directory and it's sub directories.

load and unzip files from your archieve. See if it re-build correctly.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are the two computer with the same version of creator.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The message you receive is a warning concerning some of the accompanying compiled code. I would try to run creator as admin when unpacking the project. Since we now are at Creator 2.2 I would also suggest to update to latest version which is co-existent with 2.0 and will be able to open projects creates with former 2.x versions.

When everything fails you'll have to create a technical case (on top of this page Support & Community -> Technical Support -> Create a MyCase) and submit one of your archives as attachment.

Bob

0 Likes
ScEn_283436
Level 5
Level 5
        I am using PSoC Creator 2.0 Pack 2, Release Date 3/16/2012. As far as upgrading, I want to do one thing at a time. Right now I'm struggling with getting the Keil registration to accept the number that they gave me.   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Nick, if you have access to a second machine you can install Creator 2.2 there and transfer your archives with an USB-Stick.

There HAVE been changes from 2.0 to 2.2 but I do not know if they touched your issue.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nick,
My experiences, Creator 2.0 doesn't work any longer.
Usually, every verious version of Creator can be share.
2.1 yes, but 2.0 none, at least my environment.
There is a something between 2.0 and 2.2.      

You said "I want to do one thing at a time"
You have to install the newest 2.2 sp1.      

0 Likes
ScEn_283436
Level 5
Level 5

Ok, Thanks for the input. I had installed on my computer from the CD that came with the product.  If I want to download Creator 2.2, do I need to uninstall the older version completely, then run the install program or does it update the existing modules?

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

You can have multiple revs of Creator installed on your machine.

When you open up an older Rev project you will be prompted

to update components.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
ScEn_283436
Level 5
Level 5
        This is more torture than I've ever been through in my career. I'm burning days and days of precious time and falling behind schedule, sandwiched between Cypress, Keil, the downloader program and the IT policies on my computer. This makes the Twilight Zone look like a day in the country.   
0 Likes
ScEn_283436
Level 5
Level 5
        Would it be easier to just have a CD sent overnight to install Creator 2.2 SP1?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can have 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2 co-exist in one computer, but service packs would install over the original version. ie 2.2sp1 would overwrite 2.2. 

you can download the installation executables at home to a dvd(if your company not allow usb), or to a usb if allowed. 

for keil, i am not sure what problem you are having. we have no issue with keil for the machines we installed.

did you tried to re-build the project as i suggested on your own machine. what is the result?

you can also raise a case for cypress support. 

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

To file a case -

www.cypress.com

“Support”

“Technical Support”

“Create a Case”

You could suggest to case responder they/you use Teamviewer to allow Cypress

to directly control your machine to work on the problem. Its a free ap for non commercial

work. Google it.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
ScEn_283436
Level 5
Level 5
        Just bizarre. The installer loads and a message says it has successfully been downloaded, then I get an error message dialog that says: Unable to save file. Please try again to save to a different location. Then a box pops from Cypress asking why I canceled the download. None of the check box reasons apply so it has an edit box for other reasons, but the edit box doesn't work. The text keeps disappearing. If you cancel the box, it just keeps coming back. You've got to love it.   
0 Likes
ScEn_283436
Level 5
Level 5
        I got Cypress to go on my PC remotely and install PSoC Creator 2.2 SP1. Now when I build, all the references in my code to Cypress functions get an unresolved external error. I looked at the migration guide and it seems to only address component updating. Can anyone point me in the right direction to a successful build?   
0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored
        What external are missing? (I never had such a problem, but who knows what might went wrong without knowing the exact symptoms...)   
0 Likes
ScEn_283436
Level 5
Level 5

It's as though the PSoC generated files are no longer seen by the project. The unresolved externals refer to Cypress generated functions that my main program calls. Functions such as

Nick

USBUART_1_PutCRLF

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mean you canperform a  clean re-build from an archieve to the same machine.( I mean from a completely empty directory as I mentioned), but not to other machine?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

And do you use the archieve generated by the creator?

0 Likes
ScEn_283436
Level 5
Level 5

I have resolved the problem.

I had to allow Cypress Customer Support to take over my machine to get the latest version installed because of security issues on my end. Once I got through the installation and placed an untouched version of my code on the new machine, I was able to build with no errors and one warning.

I will supply more detail later as it may be helpful to others.

Nick

0 Likes
ScEn_283436
Level 5
Level 5

My original goal was to set up my desktop as a back up system in case my laptop crashed. Since the CD that came with my original development kit was outdated, I was advised to update the PSoC Creator to the latest version and work from there.

To update the PSoC Creator, I tried to use the Akamai program download manager but ran into problems that I may never understand. Be advised that you should check with your IT manager BEFORE you attempt to install the download manager because you will get errors in the process that could be a violation of company policy of no executables being installed on your PC through the internet or your administrative rights on the PC. One person suggested that I download the Akamai at home then bring it in on a memory stick. The download manager is designed to allow you to do the download in multiple sessions, therefore, if you don't have your proxy server address ready to go, you can't stop the installer by turning off power. Each time you power on thereafter, you will be asked for the proxy server address.

Finally, I allowed Cypress Customer Service to remotely control my PC. To accomplish that, I had to cancel the pop up asking for the proxy server address several times just to be able to enter the email address of the customer service rep. Today, I simply uninstalled the Akamai program so that the process wouldn't re-launch every time I power up.

Once I got the new version installed and the Keil license resgistration completed, I put a clean copy of the latest version of my code onto the machine and was able to build with no errors, but one warning that I didn't get in the older version. The warning has since been resolved my moving a function call out of an interrupt routine.

Nick

0 Likes