How to modify USBVideoClass example firmware to send PGM format images ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm trying to use uvcinmem example firmware to send images in PGM format.

The current example contains MJPEG images in memory, I would like to register PGM images in memory. I've tried to modify "Class specific VS format descriptor" and "Class specific VS frame descriptor" to make the firmware compliant whit PGM format images, but in UVC 1.1 specifications it requires a field called "guidFormat". I don't know where to find this GUID value for PGM format...

Furthermore, I don't know how to write the images in PGM format in "glUVCVidFrames" structure.

Does anybody know how to modify this firmware example for transferring other image formats than MJPEG ?

Thanks in advance,

StudentFR

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

As far as I know, UVC spec does not provide support for PGM image formats. It supports MJPEG and MPEG2.

-Shashank

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I know that UVC spec doesn't provide support for PGM format.

However I want to use the firmware "uvcinmem" to transfer still image data, contained in the structure "glUVCVidFrames". So I want to specify in the descriptors that this image format is unknown, and then my application will be able to reconstruct an image from received data.

Can anydoby give me some advices to change descriptors for unkown formats ?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes