PSOC 5 kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no idea where to ask this question. but can anyone tell me what is the price of the "chip" inside the CY8CKIT-050 PSoC® 5LP Development Kit?? I went through the site but all I could find was "contact sales". and the distributers search doesn't seem to find any thing. (please regard that I am in Egypt :)) 

0 Likes
16 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The PSoC5 LP is not in production yet, so only engeneering samples as on the development kit are available. I would suggest to orient to the price of a comparable "normal" PSoC5.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks Bob 😄 

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Contact your local Manufacturers Rep or Cypress regional manager,

they should be able to get budgetary and/or forward pricing.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Contact the nearby sales office from this link - http://www.cypress.com/?id=1062&l=&interOffices

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just bought the kit at first, later I often design their own kit. I think this is the best.

This is a kit I made ​​for my students to practice, because in my country the price is a big issue.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Oh! Great works, You made it. Nice color, The Rat nest is beautiful. My PSoC3 kit is here. This is an extra of electronics mook book. Left side is a programmer, is not miniprog3.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like your design, very compact, professional, if soldering nicer then your design will be more perfect.

you use alternative equipment miniprog3 how

I also want to learn miniprog3 equipment replacement.

Thank you.

Regards.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi nguy, When search your programmer's directory, you can find "DVKProg_5_simfw.hex". Convert this into *.iic file and burn Cy7C68013. More stuff is there in USB Suite3.4.7 Cy7C68013 board is selling, for example [ http://www.aitendo.com/product/3030 ] More informations, study in Hacker Forum somewhere.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear.

I thank you for this information, I will try, if it is then my students will have better conditions for learning.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The most economical way to program PSOC3/5 is buying the EZ-USB FX2LP kits from ebay (I think they cost $9.99). With the right firmware you could even use them to program Altera/Xlinx FPGAs and CPLDs

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi zeta-san, you mean Xilinx USB Platform Cable can use to programming for PSoC? That is very handy, I want to know more. If JTAG interface can use by this, it is very interesting. Do you know a typical article regarding with it? Let me know.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I find that on the forum has many topics about this issue, however have yet to see any posts and specific details, I think if the master do this work, there will be more useful to the community.

My country is poor, my students not afford to buy equipment miniprog3 to serve learning and research is therefore needed to be low cost. expects to soon get cheap equipment.

0 Likes
ViDv_264506
Level 5
Level 5
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 5 solutions authored
        Hi, Zeta please can you describe in more details the programming of the PSoC 3/4/5 using "The most economical way to program PSOC3/5 is buying the EZ-USB FX2LP kits from ebay" as you write? Regards, Viktor   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The FTKs, -050 and -030 kits have a programmer based on the FX2LP devices (CY7C68013A If i recal correctly). I have made a couple of posts regarding programming PSOCs with an FX1 chip (basically an older and cheaper version compatible with the CY7C68XXX devices) over at dangerous prototype forums http://dangerousprototypes.com/?s=ez-usb-fx1 but the info can be aplied to the FX2LP chips.

I have even made a board for it. We, at your university use these devices to program PSOCs all the time as it is cheaper than a miniprog3. But someone pointed out at the ebay boards, they are cheaper than buying a chip+building a board.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello PSoC73-san,

What I meant was that the CY7C68013A boards from ebay can be used for both programming PSOC3/5 and as USB-BLASTER clones to program CPLDs and FPGA (also as general JTAG dongle for OpenOCD) so you get quite a usefull board for a low price.

Well, the USB-Blaster clones from china are basically a CY7C68013A with external buffer. Therefore,  you can burn FTK/-050 firmware on them, but you will need to solder wires to get the signals out. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        zeta-san, Alligator at Ohio Thanks for your informative post. I'm interesting in that can JTAG programmer also use to JTAG debugger witch is not Cypress USB(FX2). Can Creator recognize these USB CABLE. Near future, I'll be try to do that.   
0 Likes