New component pack 6 available

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

My Cypress updater installed a new component pack this morning. There are four new components available:

• EEPROM emulation (in flash)
  •     
  • LED segment driver (7-segment, 16-segment, LED matrix)
  •     
  • Softzware UART (TX only)
  •     
  • SC/CT comparator
  •    
0 Likes
7 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Makes me wonder if updates are done on different days for different regions.

Mine updated several days ago.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh this is good....I just updated my component pack and found the "Software_TX-Uart" component...

I've always felt that there isn't much variability in the UART component as far as the APIs are concerned.

For instance, for the LCD, there are APIs for sending data in byte, hex or ascii form....but not much in UART.

But this new SW_TX_UART component even allows you to send a 16 bit data........Kudos!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, there is something I'd like to know.........Software-Transmit UART.........does it mean that there wont be any need to externally connect  the UART TX pin [on the kit]   to the GPIO pin that we select in our code???

Regards.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

@dana: Don't know how this is handled. I didn't check my PC over the weekend, just saw it this morning. But I think the updater is configured to check only once a week.

I just did post this because I haven't seen any anouncement on the Cypress website as of now...

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

@Goose: read the data sheet. The component allows you to either get a pin on the component, which you can route. Or you are able to set the pin in the design wide resources. So it should be possible to route it to the RS232 level shifter on the dev kits.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

Too fast with the keyboard today 😞

In fact you won't get a pin on the component, but in that case you need to set the pin via the API.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        So we only need to set the pin via API and no external connection would be required(........unlike the UART component. where external conections are required)...right?   
0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
        You still need an external connection (the transmit need to go somewhere, right?), but its not specified in the schematic (its either via API or the design-wide resources).   
0 Likes