How to disable automatic indentation in the PSoC Designer 5.4 Editor?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiKO_283856
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi

I''d like to get rid off the automatic indentation in PSoC Designer as I prefer manually tabulating when needed.

The  Tools/Options/Code Editor/Behavior just mentions a tab-to-space replacement, but nothing about enabling/disabling the automatic indent.

Does anybody know where this parameter (if exists) can be managed?

Regards,

Michel

0 Likes
1 Solution
ArvindK_86
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hello Michel,

Disabling Auto-complete option will disable automatic indentation too.

Disable the option and please try typing a '{' followed by <Enter>. 

You should be able to see the difference with/without the setting enabled.

On a different note, can you please share why you would want to disable indentation? Your inputs would be helpful to improvise code editor and other features in Designer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi 3Lance, Tools/Options/Code Editor/Behavior: check "Disable Auto-Complete"   
0 Likes
MiKO_283856
Level 4
Level 4

Hello PSoC73,

Auto-Complete is related to automatic list & fill of declarations & functions, not tabulation & indentation.

But thanks for the answer.

Michel

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        "not tabulation & indentation" but It's stop indentation, thank you.   
0 Likes
ArvindK_86
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hello Michel,

Disabling Auto-complete option will disable automatic indentation too.

Disable the option and please try typing a '{' followed by <Enter>. 

You should be able to see the difference with/without the setting enabled.

On a different note, can you please share why you would want to disable indentation? Your inputs would be helpful to improvise code editor and other features in Designer.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello arvi-san, Did you use the Auto-complete well enough by yourself? Once use this feature whoever knows needs improvement for this feature. First of all, I want to optional selection for each items of Auto-complete. By the way arvi-san, Did you forget something? If you forgot, take a look this article again. [ http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=1573&rID=81993 ] Please meet the promise before Auto-complete. Thank you.   
0 Likes
MiKO_283856
Level 4
Level 4
        Hi Arvi & PSoC73 My source files are always indented, but I'm accustomed to indent them by myself using the space bar. I'm currently using the option which translates tabs with spaces, but each time I hit return, the new-line cursor is not always where I want it to be. PSoc73 is also true, I apologise not to have tried : disabling Auto-Complete also disables auto-indent. Unfortunately in this case I'm loosing the nice Auto-Complete feature. May be the next Designer versions will improve this.   
0 Likes
MiKO_283856
Level 4
Level 4
        Hi Arvi & PSoC73 My source files are always indented, but I'm accustomed to indent them by myself using the space bar. I'm currently using the option which translates tabs with spaces, but each time I hit return, the new-line cursor is not always where I want it to be. PSoc73 is also true, I apologise not to have tried : disabling Auto-Complete also disables auto-indent. Unfortunately in this case I'm loosing the nice Auto-Complete feature. May be the next Designer versions will improve this.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I am always appreciate to efforts of Cypress. Everythings when stating that will have a new problem. Look at this article, There is a story of a man who turn off it in 20 seconds. [ http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=2492&rID=80363 ]   
0 Likes
MiKO_283856
Level 4
Level 4
        So, apart from the current menu bar possibilities, there is nothing among the multitude of files (I'm mainly thinking about .ini or equivalent files) which can be manually tuned to cancel automatic indentation without canceling the auto-complete feature?   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

To get a trustworthy answer you ought fo file a MyCase (under "Support & Community -> Technical Support -> Create a MyCase"). It may take some time, but Cypress will tell you.

Bob

0 Likes